Stalham beaten at home in amazing 12-goal thriller
- Credit: PA
Stalham Town were involved in an amazing match in the Premier Division of the Hadley and Ottaway Anglian Combination on Saturday.
They scored three times at home to Norwich CEYMS, but ended up being thrashed 9-3.
Lewis Swatman (4), Lewis Allen (2), Lewis Easter, Darren Smith and Tom Amis scored for CEYMS, with Aaron Hyland, Dan Camish and Darren Miller netting Stalham's goals.
Stalham will be aiming to get the defeat out of their systems on Saturday when they visit Hellesdon.
Reepham were on the wrong end of a 4-1 home defeat to Don Frost Cup winners Mulbarton (Chris Johnson).
In Division One Aylsham crashed to a disappointing 5-1 defeat at Attleborough Town in their opening fixture. There was a brace each for Jamie Venables and Dan Whitman, with Jack Flynn getting the other. Howard Collier scored for the visitors.
But Aylsham hit back on Tuesday evening, beating visitors Hindringham 4-1.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 4 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 5 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 6 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 9 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 10 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
North Walsham picked up their first point of the season with a 2-2 draw at Scole. Ben Norton-Hugman and David Coleman scored for Scole with Dale Wilton and Jay Robertson replying,
Sheringham have started the season well, following up a 1-1 draw with Hindringham with a 5-1 win over newly promoted Watton in another home game on Friday evening.
Sheringham and North Walsham then went head to head at Greens Road on Tuesday evening, with the Shannocks winning 5-2.
Cromer Town finally kick off their league campaign on Saturday with a trip to Watton. Having lost all but one of their games in the top flight last season, before a close season of turmoil saw their very existence come under threat, the Crabs will be hoping for something better under new boss Jordan Kemp.
Saturday's other Division One games: Aylsham v Mundford, Loddon v Sheringham, North Walsham v Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves.
Holt United, who were relegated last season, have also started strongly in Division Two, winning both their games. Their second win was on Saturday, with Adam Dagless, Aaron Ross, Chris Smith and Oliver West on target in a 5-1 win over Sprowston Athletic.
It's Poringland Wanderers away next on Saturday afternoon.