Social golf a big hit
Social golf was completed for the year with a record turnout of 96 players from all sections of Royal Cromer GC.This was an increase from last year of 24 players, showing the popularity of this event.
Social golf was completed for the year with a record turnout of 96 players from all sections of Royal Cromer GC.
This was an increase from last year of 24 players, showing the popularity of this event.
Because of the size of the field only nine holes could be played. This was in the form of a Texas scramble; with 24 groups of four players enjoying an allowance of 10 per cent of their join handicaps.
The club is indebted to Margaret Stott and Pat Williamson, the joint organisers of this year round competition. Scramble presentations were made to them by the County Lady President Judith Mackinnon.
You may also want to watch:
Everybody sat down to an excellent Christmas meal prepared by the club caterers, followed by mince pies and a carol concert with the Aylsham Silver Band.
Main prize winners: 1 J Roberts, A Wilson Jnr, Mrs S Danes and Mrs H Morriss 29.45; 2 T McCrohan, J Annis, Mrs B Cook and Mrs S James 29.75; 3 A Hill, H Kirkham-Hunt, S Wilson and Mrs R Brown 31.85; 4 M Baxter, M Williamson, Maria Smith and Mrs S Driver 33.15; 5 J Young, G Keeley, Mrs D Marsom and Mrs S Kirkham-Hunt 33.20; 6 R Holmes, Ms C Mould, D Eldridge and Mrs J Aldred 33.35; 8 Mrs S Chambers, Mrs J Jones, B Hardy and M Reynolds 34.25 ocb; 9 Mrs S Hill, Mrs H Campbell-Smith, Miss P Rudd, G Lundi; 10 M Tanner, P Reeve, Mrs P Reynolds and Mrs J Botwright 34.55; 11 N McRae, Mrs L Holmes, I Mackinnon and Mrs J Brown 34.65; 12 Mrs K Roberts, Mrs S Taylor, A Morris and J Hurren 35.00.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 3 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 4 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 New veterinary practice to set open in former Cromer GP surgery
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Conservatives hold on in Broadland
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 North Norfolk brewery uses lockdown to create its strongest ever beer
All players in the remaining groups received at least two bottles of wine.
Nearest the pin -Par 3 ninth: Heather Morriss.