Smashing way to get fit
Want to get fit this year and hate the gym? Why not chase a ball around!Cromer Tennis and Squash Club continue to offer many different membership types.
Want to get fit this year and hate the gym? Why not chase a ball around!
Cromer Tennis and Squash Club continue to offer many different membership types. The club's junior section is flourishing with 13 groups for all standards and ages.
The club has an active social calendar with many events planned for this year, which is the club's 100th.
The monthly quizzes continue to be very popular and a beer festival is planned in the near future. The squash scene continues to be popular with the annual handicap tournament scheduled for the week starting February 25.
On the tennis side of the business, the club has three club mornings held on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday with a ladies' coaching morning on Thursdays at 9.30am.
The club hold a men's practice night on Wednesdays from 6pm for the more advanced players.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 10 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
The club has many tennis and squash teams competing in local and county leagues.
The club also has a very friendly table tennis section who are always looking for new members and currently have three teams in the local league.
The club has two tennis coaches, head coach Gareth Goldson and Richard Keeble who both offer individual coaching in addition to being behind the thriving junior group set-up.
The squash section has qualified coach Hugh Bradbury to thank for the emergence of several youngsters in recent times, in particular Ben Herrieven and Alex Foster and Hugh is always available for players of all standards.
For further details contact club manager Danny Holdom on 01263 513741.