Sheringham through to quarter-finals of Mummery Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham booked their place in the quarter-finals of the Anglian Combination's Mummery Cup competition at the weekend as their excellent start to the season continued.
The Shannocks won the battle of the Division One sides as they beat visitors Mundford 3-0 thanks to strikes from Jack Crane, Tim Cary and an own goal.
There's a return to league action on Saturday (2.30pm) with a home match against Kirkley and Pakefield rReserves. Sheringham remain unbeaten in league and cup this season but they only have a one point advantage over Wymondham Town, having played one more game.
Wymondham scored five without reply away at Kirkley, with a hat trick from Liam Moriarty and a goal apiece from Ashley Mitchell and Charlie Blake.
Aylsham got back to winning ways with a 5-1 home victory against Watton. A hat-trick from James Oliver was added to by Matt Billing and Stuart Boam, with Sam Childerhouse scoring for Watton.
You may also want to watch:
UEA went one better as they won 6-0 at home against struggling Cromer. Ivan Otono (2), Owen Betts, Ryan Swift, John Kahodi and an own goal saw the students take the points against a side who had been showing some improvement in recent games but have still lost all nine of the games they have played in league and cup so far.
The Crabs have a derby with Aylsham to look forward at Cabbell Park on Saturday (2pm) while North Walsham return to action after a weekend off at Watton (2.30pm).
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 6 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 7 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 8 Have your say on bid to improve North Walsham town centre
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Locations revealed for Norfolk's new £500k art trail
In the Premier Division Acle won for the first time in five as they picked up a 3-1 victory at home against Stalham. Stuart Garner (2) and Simon Peacock got the home side's goals with Pat Gainsford scoring for Stalham.
Stalham will be attempting to bounce back when they host Mattishall on Saturday.
Bradenham Wanderers moved up to third with a thumping 6-1 win over basement side Reepham. A hat- trick from Joel Brien was added to by goals from Rob Thurley, Jason Hunt and Liam Stockell. Emanuel Thurston scored for Reepham.
In Division One Attleborough versus Hindringham finished in a 2-2 draw.
Dan Miles and Dan Whitman scored for the hosts while Matt Hudson and Darren West earned the away side a point.