Sheringham hit back to maintain advantage at top
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham recovered from a half-time deficit to maintain their two point advantage at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
The Shannocks were in danger of losing top spot to Hoveton Wherrymen on Saturday when they trailed at the break to their closest challengers, with Alex Fitzgerald scoring for the hosts.
But Jamie Nelson replied in the second half to maintain Sheringham's unbeaten record in all competitions this season ahead of Saturday's Mummery Cup tie at home to Mundford.
They also have a big Norfolk Senior Cup tie to look forward to at the Rec, having been drawn at home to Norwich United from Bostik League North in the last 16 on Saturday, November 18.
Wymondham had the chance to narrow the gap to the top two with games in hand and they duly obliged as goals from Liam Moriarty (2), Chris Holmes and Ethan Hall gave them a 4-2 win over Aylsham. Rhys Cousins and Jack Oliver responded for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer Town are still bottom after suffering a sixth successive defeat but the trend towards more competitive matches continued at Cabbell Park.
The Crabs battled well against visitors Scole United but were eventually beaten 3-0, Thomas Green (2) and James Harrison doing the damage.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
North Walsham entertained Hindringham on Friday evening and had to be content with a 2-2 draw. Dan Reynolds and Lewis Smith were on target for the Angels, with Stuart Broughton and Matt Hudson scoring for the visitors.
On Saturday Cromer Town visit UEA, Aylsham host Watton and North Walsham are without a game.
In the top flight Stalham lost their third game in a row as third placed Mulbarton Wanderers left Rivers Park with a 4-2 win.
Jon Curtis, Danny Self, Liam Brock and Hayden Gibbons gave the visitors the points despite goals from Lewis Crosby and Jack Childs.
Stalham make the short journey to bottom of the table Acle United on Saturday.
Harleston continued their fine start to the season with a 5-0 win at home over Caister.
Norwich CEYMS are they only other unbeaten team in the league and made it seven out of seven with a 2-1 home win over Hellesdon. Ross Pickersgill and Jack Smith scored for the hosts.