Sheringham FC off the mark in league
Sheringham's revival continued to gather pace at the weekend as they recorded their first league win of the season.
The Shannocks went in to their home fixture with Loddon in good heart having reached the third round of the Norfolk Senior Cup the previous weekend with an impressive victory at Hempnall.
And they duly followed up that encouraging result in fine style on Saturday, winning 3-1 to get their first points on the board in the Premier Division of the Anglian Conbination.
With former boss Ben Price now concentrating on playing again, and John Kowalyk having returned for another spell in charge, things certainly seem to be looking up for a club which kicked off the new campaign with a series of heavy defeats.
Kelvin Gitau led the way with two goals against Loddon while Matthew Hooker was also on target. The Shannocks remain bottom of the table, but only on goal difference from North Walsham and Hempnall, and will be aiming to take further strides in the right direction on Saturday when they attempt to make it through to the next round of the Senior Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Kowalyk's men travel to Caister, who are going well in Division One at present, knowing that a win would put them in the hat with the likes of Norwich City Reserves, Wroxham and King's Lynn Town for the fourth round draw.
North Walsham suffered their fifth league defeat in six games when they went down in a tight game at St Andrews, for whom Ben Potter scored in a 1-0 victory.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 9 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
The Angels are away to Mattishall on Saturday.