Sheringham beat Wells in Senior Cup
The second round of the Norfolk Senior Cup provided no major shocks and Friday evening's tie saw Sheringham progress in the first match of the round and they defeated neighbours Wells Town 2-1.
On Saturday 4-1 appeared to be the favoured scoreline by those who progressed. This score was achieved by Sprowston Athletic, who disposed of Stalham Town and also Norwich St John's who won away at Poringland Wanderers. Holt United also won 4-1 at Horsford United and Dersingham Rovers were victors at home to Wymondham Town.
Dersingham manager Trevor Daniels was pleased with the win and said 'We went in 2-1 up at the break and scored two further goals to get on top and we were comfortable for most of the game. I was particularly pleased as we passed the ball well which resulted in three of our goals.'
When asked who he would like to face in the next round Daniels replied: 'We will take anyone, we are happy to still be in the competition and would love to get to round four and potentially face King's Lynn.'
Elsewhere, Loddon United picked up a 3-0 win at home against Caister, whilst Bradenham Wanderers managed to overcome Watton United as they progressed 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
The only all-Anglian Combination Premier match was close all the way, and it took extra time to separate Spixworth and St Andrew's. With the scores tied at 2-2 after 90 minutes it was St Andrew's who progressed after extra time as they came away 3-2 winners.
The third round draw will be made on Friday October 1 on BBC Radio Norfolk's Local Report between 6.30 and 7pm and can be viewed afterwards on www.norfolkfa.com
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway