Shannocks beaten in five-goal thriller
Sheringham lost a five-goal thriller at the weekend to stay rooted in the bottom three of the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
The Shannocks have shown considerable improvement since John Kowalyk returned to take charge but still have just one league win to their name after losing 3-2 at home to Wymondham Town on Saturday.
James McCloy did the damage for the visitors with a hat-trick while Jodi Norris and Ben Watson were the scorers for Sheringham, who remain third from bottom with just three points from eight games.
Hempnall and North Walsham remain below them, with the Angels having their second successive blank weekend. Their derby clash with Cromer Town was called off because of a waterlogged Greens Road pitch and the Angels were left inactive again at the weekend because of Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves' involvement in cup action.
Both sides will be aiming to double their points tallies for the season on Saturday with the Shannocks travelling to fifth placed Mattishall and North Walsham at home to Beccles, a side who have improved considerably since the Angels beat them in Suffolk earlier in the season.
You may also want to watch:
There was disappointment for the two North Norfolk sides in Division One with Aylsham and Holt both suffering home defeats. Aylsham were beaten 3-1 by high-flying Long Stratton to slip further back into mid-table after a bright start to the campaign. Ed Botwright scored what proved to be no more than a consolation goal for the hosts, who will be looking to bounce back when they make the short journey to Stalham on Saturday.
Holt suffered a second successive defeat when they lost 1-0 at home to Watton, for whom Xavier Huckle scored the winning goal. The Owls have a tough mission on Saturday as they travel to second placed Norwich CEYMS, who recently reached the semi-finals of the Mummery Cup.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 5 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 6 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 7 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 8 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 9 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 10 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer