Shannocks are the champions
Sheringham have won the Sterry Cup after a superb 4-0 victory at Brandon Town. The win, coupled with Blofield United's 2-1 defeat at AFC Norwich, means the Shannocks have taken the Anglian Combination's prize for the first time in 37 years.
Sheringham are cele-brating winning the Sterry Cup after a superb 4-0 victory at Brandon Town on Saturday.
The win, coupled with Blofield United's 2-1 defeat at AFC Norwich, means the Shannocks have taken the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination's top prize for the first time in 37 years.
Blofield, despite two games still to play, were left in a position where they could not catch the Shannocks. Even if they finished with two wins, Blofield would be two points behind.
Sheringham were grateful to a brace from Olly King and further strikes from Roy Bevis and Andrius Dubickas to cement their victory in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, two goals from Lee Cosgrove were enough to see off Blofield, who could only muster a Paul Warman effort in response.
Sheringham's title hopes were rocked when Blofield were ordered to replay a match they drew 0-0 with AFC Norwich after their opponents had played a suspended player. Now that is irrelevant.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 7 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 8 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 9 Unique property overlooking Norfolk's Salthouse Marshes is for sale for £800,000
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
Elsewhere, Neil Hurren and Andy Woods scored for Beccles Town as they beat bottom club Holt United 2-0 and Wroxham Reserves and Dersingham drew 1-1.