Shannocks are the champions
Sheringham have won the Sterry Cup after a superb 4-0 victory at Brandon Town. The win, coupled with Blofield United's 2-1 defeat at AFC Norwich, means the Shannocks have taken the Anglian Combination's prize for the first time in 37 years.
Sheringham are cele-brating winning the Sterry Cup after a superb 4-0 victory at Brandon Town on Saturday.
The win, coupled with Blofield United's 2-1 defeat at AFC Norwich, means the Shannocks have taken the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination's top prize for the first time in 37 years.
Blofield, despite two games still to play, were left in a position where they could not catch the Shannocks. Even if they finished with two wins, Blofield would be two points behind.
Sheringham were grateful to a brace from Olly King and further strikes from Roy Bevis and Andrius Dubickas to cement their victory in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, two goals from Lee Cosgrove were enough to see off Blofield, who could only muster a Paul Warman effort in response.
Sheringham's title hopes were rocked when Blofield were ordered to replay a match they drew 0-0 with AFC Norwich after their opponents had played a suspended player. Now that is irrelevant.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
Elsewhere, Neil Hurren and Andy Woods scored for Beccles Town as they beat bottom club Holt United 2-0 and Wroxham Reserves and Dersingham drew 1-1.