Shannocks are the champions
Sheringham have won the Sterry Cup after a superb 4-0 victory at Brandon Town. The win, coupled with Blofield United's 2-1 defeat at AFC Norwich, means the Shannocks have taken the Anglian Combination's prize for the first time in 37 years.
Sheringham are cele-brating winning the Sterry Cup after a superb 4-0 victory at Brandon Town on Saturday.
The win, coupled with Blofield United's 2-1 defeat at AFC Norwich, means the Shannocks have taken the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination's top prize for the first time in 37 years.
Blofield, despite two games still to play, were left in a position where they could not catch the Shannocks. Even if they finished with two wins, Blofield would be two points behind.
Sheringham were grateful to a brace from Olly King and further strikes from Roy Bevis and Andrius Dubickas to cement their victory in Suffolk.
Meanwhile, two goals from Lee Cosgrove were enough to see off Blofield, who could only muster a Paul Warman effort in response.
Sheringham's title hopes were rocked when Blofield were ordered to replay a match they drew 0-0 with AFC Norwich after their opponents had played a suspended player. Now that is irrelevant.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 7 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 8 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
Elsewhere, Neil Hurren and Andy Woods scored for Beccles Town as they beat bottom club Holt United 2-0 and Wroxham Reserves and Dersingham drew 1-1.