Setback for Robins
Anglian Windows 3, Reepham Town 2Reepham had won their previous 12 games and their assistant manager Paul Belton was sanguine amidst disappointment after his men slipped up against a lively and determined Windows team.
Anglian Windows 3, Reepham Town 2
Reepham had won their previous 12 games and their assistant manager Paul Belton was sanguine amidst disappointment after his men slipped up against a lively and determined Windows team.
'We could have been four up after 10 minutes and had we taken those chances, we probably would have won. Initially we were exceptional. We had all the possession for 20 minutes and then a mistake let them take their first chance,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'In truth, going forward we dominated throughout, but defended woefully. They had four chances and scored three. We had 15 chances and converted two. Admittedly we did have half the team playing well below par and I will only be worried when we do not create any chances at all.
'They wanted it more than us on the day. I am totally confident we will bounce back next game to winning ways.'
- 1 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 4 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 7 Street food business goes from strength to strength despite lockdown
- 8 'It just got out of hand' - Biking baker celebrates five year anniversary
- 9 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
- 10 Community group asked to clarify where legal damages paid by council will go
Conversely, Reepham's reserves thumped Gayton 7-3 and moved off the bottom of division six for the first time this season.
Reepham's first team, top of Anglian Combination division Two, are away to Great Yarmouth this Saturday, whilst the reserves are at home to Buxton. Both games kick off at 2pm.