Scoreline not a true reflection
THE scoreline from the top-of-the-table hockey clash between Evergreens and North Walsham reflected the clinical finishing of Evergreens rather than the majority of the play.
THE scoreline from the top-of-the-table clash between Evergreens and North Walsham reflected the clinical finishing of Evergreens rather than the majority of the play.
For this took part in the middle of the park and was evenly distributed in spells between the teams.
However, the game was rightfully won by the better team, 6-1 by Evergreens.
Evergreens started much the stronger team and quickly scored two goals, one from a number of short corners and the second from open play within the first period before Walsham were able to catch their breath.
You may also want to watch:
There followed a period of Walsham dominance, with infrequent Evergreen breaks, but the goals were elusive for the Walsham strike force. A third goal from Evergreens completed the scoreline in the first half.
Evergreens again started the stronger team and after a quick run up the left wing they extended their lead by another in open play and continued to dominate.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 5 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 6 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 7 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
- 8 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 9 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
Walsham conceded numerous short corners and suffered the impact of the Evergreens' decisive shot making as soon as they entered the circle.
The lead was extended to five from another solid Evergreens shot before Walsham began to play their part and suddenly the game became much more open.
Walsham stole a consolation goal from a cleverly-taken shot around the keeper by Ellen Vanlint before Evergreens had the last say with a strike from the top of the circle.
Team: Amber Dyke, Jane Delph, Jo Hadley, Min Tallowin, Nicky Batch, Shauna McDougall, Charlotte Else, Sue Gardiner, Mary Cheesman, Ellen Vanlint, Louise Catling, Sue Harrison, Jenny Marshall.