School top of tag rugby class
Sheringham Primary School A (pictured) won the North Norfolk School Sports Partnership tag rugby finals.The best 12 primary school teams from across north Norfolk competed with 120 pupils aged nine to 11 battling at North Walsham Rugby Club to determine the top three to represent the area at the county finals.
Sheringham Primary School A (pictured) won the North Norfolk School Sports Partnership tag rugby finals.
The best 12 primary school teams from across north Norfolk competed with 120 pupils aged nine to 11 battling at North Walsham Rugby Club to determine the top three to represent the area at the county finals.
The final was contested between Sheringham A and All Saints' Primary School. It went to a golden try which was scored by Sheringham A.
For the third place play-off Sheringham B just pipped Mundesley, again with a golden try.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham RFC were fantastic hosts. Paston College provided four young rugby leaders to support the event. The event was also attended by Penny Chapman, Norfolk's RFU community coach.
Asa Saunders, development manager for the North Norfolk Partnership again highlighted the positive responses from the schools that have taken part in the rugby competitions: 'At the end of 2008 we hosted three local school competitions at club venues to determine the 12 best teams. These teams then competed in an exciting and passionate partnership finals. I wish the top three all the best at the county finals and I thank my School Sport Partnership staff and all at North Walsham Rugby Club for organising the event.'
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 8 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
Representing north Norfolk at the county finals, also at North Walsham RFC on the March 30, will be Sheringham Primary A and B teams and All Saints' Primary School.