Ryan Walsh’s golden opportunity fight is OFF
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Walsh’s big Golden Contract showdown is OFF.
The Cromer boxer was due to face Jazza Dickens in the featherweight showdown on Wednesday night, with the lure of a world title shot for the winner.
But Dickens and trainer Derry Matthews have both returned positive Covid-19 tests.
In a statement, MTK said: “Following the results of the COVID-19 testing, the fight between Jazza Dickens and Ryan Walsh has unfortunately been postponed due to positive tests for Dickens and his trainer Derry Mathews.
“All health and safety protocols regarding social distancing were followed in relation to the guidelines put in place by the British Boxing Board of Control, with no other fighters on the bill testing positive.
You may also want to watch:
“MTK Global will continue to monitor the situation as the health and wellbeing of all involved is our utmost priority.
“Dickens and his team have immediately left the fight bubble, with the show proceeding with the remaining five fights on the card.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 7 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 8 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
“Tyrone McKenna goes up against Ohara Davies in the #GoldenContract super-lightweight final, Serge Michel and Liam Conroy meet in the #GoldenContract light-heavyweight semi-final, Steven Ward steps up to cruiserweight to face Jone Volau, Ben Fail makes his professional debut against Robbie Chapman, and William Hamilton fights Genadij Krajevskij.
“News on a rescheduled date for the fight between Dickens and Walsh will be announced in due course.”