Runton United win 14th game on the trot
Runton made it 14 straight wins at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One table in the NPSS Security Services NEN League when visiting highly placed Haisboro Athletic.
They secured all three points by winning 4-1, thanks to a brace from Paul Winterbone and one apiece from Liam Walsh and Tony Edwards with the home side's reply coming from James Underhill.
Gimingham now trail the leaders by ten points having played one game more but kept their medal hopes alive thanks to a brace apiece from Glenn Thurston and Ryan Beeson with Graham Turner and Matthew Reynolds also finding the net as they recorded a 6-3 win at Worstead.
There was a seven goal bonanza at East Ruston where Ludham were the visitors and it was they who came out on top by the odd goal. As a result they moved into third spot in the table. Aylsham A notched up a 2-0 home success over Corpusty and North Walsham A were 4-2 home winners over Mundesley.
Hickling were 2-1 winners at Aldborough Lions in the only Wayford Nurseries Division 2 game.
You may also want to watch:
In the Knights Trophies Division Three, leaders Trunch secured three more points with a 3-1 win over Aldborough Res, Holt Colts scored a 1-0 home victory over Worstead Res and Mundesley Res came from behind to beat East Ruston Res 6-3.
Cromer Youth Old Boys reached the next round of the Rivett Motors Division 2 League Cup with a 4-0 win over Blakeney (Daryl Harrod 2, Joseph Leah and Wade Stanforth).
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 5 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
In the Walcott Lighthouse Division 3 League Group competition there were wins for Erpingham Res (4-3 at Felmingham) and Southrepps (3-2 at home to Plumstead Rangers Res).