Runton United win 14th game on the trot
Runton made it 14 straight wins at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One table in the NPSS Security Services NEN League when visiting highly placed Haisboro Athletic.
They secured all three points by winning 4-1, thanks to a brace from Paul Winterbone and one apiece from Liam Walsh and Tony Edwards with the home side's reply coming from James Underhill.
Gimingham now trail the leaders by ten points having played one game more but kept their medal hopes alive thanks to a brace apiece from Glenn Thurston and Ryan Beeson with Graham Turner and Matthew Reynolds also finding the net as they recorded a 6-3 win at Worstead.
There was a seven goal bonanza at East Ruston where Ludham were the visitors and it was they who came out on top by the odd goal. As a result they moved into third spot in the table. Aylsham A notched up a 2-0 home success over Corpusty and North Walsham A were 4-2 home winners over Mundesley.
Hickling were 2-1 winners at Aldborough Lions in the only Wayford Nurseries Division 2 game.
In the Knights Trophies Division Three, leaders Trunch secured three more points with a 3-1 win over Aldborough Res, Holt Colts scored a 1-0 home victory over Worstead Res and Mundesley Res came from behind to beat East Ruston Res 6-3.
Cromer Youth Old Boys reached the next round of the Rivett Motors Division 2 League Cup with a 4-0 win over Blakeney (Daryl Harrod 2, Joseph Leah and Wade Stanforth).
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks 2022
- 6 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 7 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
In the Walcott Lighthouse Division 3 League Group competition there were wins for Erpingham Res (4-3 at Felmingham) and Southrepps (3-2 at home to Plumstead Rangers Res).