Runton United win 14th game on the trot
Runton made it 14 straight wins at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One table in the NPSS Security Services NEN League when visiting highly placed Haisboro Athletic.
They secured all three points by winning 4-1, thanks to a brace from Paul Winterbone and one apiece from Liam Walsh and Tony Edwards with the home side's reply coming from James Underhill.
Gimingham now trail the leaders by ten points having played one game more but kept their medal hopes alive thanks to a brace apiece from Glenn Thurston and Ryan Beeson with Graham Turner and Matthew Reynolds also finding the net as they recorded a 6-3 win at Worstead.
There was a seven goal bonanza at East Ruston where Ludham were the visitors and it was they who came out on top by the odd goal. As a result they moved into third spot in the table. Aylsham A notched up a 2-0 home success over Corpusty and North Walsham A were 4-2 home winners over Mundesley.
Hickling were 2-1 winners at Aldborough Lions in the only Wayford Nurseries Division 2 game.
In the Knights Trophies Division Three, leaders Trunch secured three more points with a 3-1 win over Aldborough Res, Holt Colts scored a 1-0 home victory over Worstead Res and Mundesley Res came from behind to beat East Ruston Res 6-3.
Cromer Youth Old Boys reached the next round of the Rivett Motors Division 2 League Cup with a 4-0 win over Blakeney (Daryl Harrod 2, Joseph Leah and Wade Stanforth).
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled
In the Walcott Lighthouse Division 3 League Group competition there were wins for Erpingham Res (4-3 at Felmingham) and Southrepps (3-2 at home to Plumstead Rangers Res).