Runners on their travels
RUNNING: A rare gap in the Norfolk road racing calendar provided six North Norfolk Beach Runners with an opportunity to race further afield at the Sleaford Half Marathon.
For some it was a chance to tune up for the greater challenge of the London Marathon in April.
Paul Muffett's return from injury problems has been remarkable and again he turned in a sparkling performance to take the over-50 first prize in a huge field.
Placed 28th out of 563 runners with a tremendous time of 1-23:15 shows that he is now right back to the phenomenal form that won him so many trophies three years ago.
John Christopher also put in an excellent time of 1-27:28 for 63rd place whilst two Beach Runner Ladies, Emma Muffett and Shelley Burton, both ran personal best times. Emma broke her previous best by more than seven minutes to clock 1-55:01.
You may also want to watch:
Two other Beach Runners ran the 13.2-mile rural course around the chilly Lincolnshire lanes. Phil Rowland finished 162nd in 1-39:39 whilst Lindsay Kitchen also ran well to break the two-hour mark with some comfort.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history