Runners on their travels
RUNNING: A rare gap in the Norfolk road racing calendar provided six North Norfolk Beach Runners with an opportunity to race further afield at the Sleaford Half Marathon.
For some it was a chance to tune up for the greater challenge of the London Marathon in April.
Paul Muffett's return from injury problems has been remarkable and again he turned in a sparkling performance to take the over-50 first prize in a huge field.
Placed 28th out of 563 runners with a tremendous time of 1-23:15 shows that he is now right back to the phenomenal form that won him so many trophies three years ago.
John Christopher also put in an excellent time of 1-27:28 for 63rd place whilst two Beach Runner Ladies, Emma Muffett and Shelley Burton, both ran personal best times. Emma broke her previous best by more than seven minutes to clock 1-55:01.
Two other Beach Runners ran the 13.2-mile rural course around the chilly Lincolnshire lanes. Phil Rowland finished 162nd in 1-39:39 whilst Lindsay Kitchen also ran well to break the two-hour mark with some comfort.
- 1 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 2 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 3 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 4 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 5 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 8 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 9 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways