Runners brave show to compete at Reepham
THE overnight show didn't stop 22 hardy souls competing in Reepham Runners' 10k cross country race.
The fresh snow was lovely to run in on what was a tough course.
First home was Stephen Gibbs of Norwich Road Runners in 41:16, a fantastic result as part of his 100 miles in a week in readiness for the London Marathon. Second was Paul Martin, also Norwich Road Runners, in 47:30 while third was Chris Squirrel (50:00), who had travelled all the way from Ipswich to compete.
First woman home was Kim Reader of Wymondham AC (57:11) followed by Carol Betts from Norfolk Gazelles (59:18) and Jude Durrant of Reepham Runners (1:01:33).
Reepham Runners Richard Bulman and Phillip Cooper participated in the first Northampton Marathon. They ran together and Phil got a pb with 4.14 while it was Richard's best time in five years.
Richard Moss-Jones and Polly Wake went to the Reedham 10m. Richard got a pb with 1:09:22 and Polly was first woman vet 35-40 with 1:14:58.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 4 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 5 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 6 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 7 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 10 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk