Runners at the double
North Walsham Junior School together with the North Norfolk School Sports Partnership hosted a very successful cross-country event last Friday.
Children from 17 local schools in Years 3 to 6 met up to compete individually and in team events.
In all 553 children completed the course with Years 3 and 4 running a distance of 1,000m and the older Year 5 and 6 children running 1,500m.
The first six children in each race win go on to compete in the County Junior Cross Country on March 25 at Taverham Hall School in Norwich.
Particularly pleasing was that the children from the smaller village schools did really well, giving the larger primaries a real run for their money. And unusually there were five sets of twins who took part.
You may also want to watch:
Results. Year 3 Girls: Kacey Adkin (Gresham Village); Year 3 Boys: Robbie Watts (Staham Junior).
Year 4 Girls: Jessica Boddy (Stalham Junior); Year 4 Boys: Reuben Brooks (Bure Valley).
- 1 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 2 Plant last seen in Norfolk 100 years ago rediscovered
- 3 People released from car after crash closes road
- 4 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 5 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 6 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 7 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 8 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading
- 9 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 10 Special report: Future of Holt Hall hangs in balance ahead of recommendation to close it
Year 5 Girls: Amy Cooper (Hevingham); Year 5 Boys: Jamie Stares (Stalham Junior).
Year 6 Girls: Lauren Hemp (Millfield Junior); Year 6 Boys: Finlay Swanson (Gresham Village).
Team events (first four from each school to count). Year 3 Girls: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Gresham Village; Year 3 Boys: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Stalham Junior; Year 4 Girls: 1 Stalham Junior, 2 North Walsham Junior; Year 4 Boys: 1 Bure Valley, 2 Belfrey Overstrand; Year 5 Girls: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Worstead; Year 5 Boys: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Stalham Junior; Year 6 Girls: 1 Hevingham, 2 North Walsham Junior; Year 6 Boys: 1 Millfield Junior, 2 Aldborough.