Runners at the double
North Walsham Junior School together with the North Norfolk School Sports Partnership hosted a very successful cross-country event last Friday.
Children from 17 local schools in Years 3 to 6 met up to compete individually and in team events.
In all 553 children completed the course with Years 3 and 4 running a distance of 1,000m and the older Year 5 and 6 children running 1,500m.
The first six children in each race win go on to compete in the County Junior Cross Country on March 25 at Taverham Hall School in Norwich.
Particularly pleasing was that the children from the smaller village schools did really well, giving the larger primaries a real run for their money. And unusually there were five sets of twins who took part.
You may also want to watch:
Results. Year 3 Girls: Kacey Adkin (Gresham Village); Year 3 Boys: Robbie Watts (Staham Junior).
Year 4 Girls: Jessica Boddy (Stalham Junior); Year 4 Boys: Reuben Brooks (Bure Valley).
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
Year 5 Girls: Amy Cooper (Hevingham); Year 5 Boys: Jamie Stares (Stalham Junior).
Year 6 Girls: Lauren Hemp (Millfield Junior); Year 6 Boys: Finlay Swanson (Gresham Village).
Team events (first four from each school to count). Year 3 Girls: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Gresham Village; Year 3 Boys: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Stalham Junior; Year 4 Girls: 1 Stalham Junior, 2 North Walsham Junior; Year 4 Boys: 1 Bure Valley, 2 Belfrey Overstrand; Year 5 Girls: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Worstead; Year 5 Boys: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Stalham Junior; Year 6 Girls: 1 Hevingham, 2 North Walsham Junior; Year 6 Boys: 1 Millfield Junior, 2 Aldborough.