Runners at the double
North Walsham Junior School together with the North Norfolk School Sports Partnership hosted a very successful cross-country event last Friday.
Children from 17 local schools in Years 3 to 6 met up to compete individually and in team events.
In all 553 children completed the course with Years 3 and 4 running a distance of 1,000m and the older Year 5 and 6 children running 1,500m.
The first six children in each race win go on to compete in the County Junior Cross Country on March 25 at Taverham Hall School in Norwich.
Particularly pleasing was that the children from the smaller village schools did really well, giving the larger primaries a real run for their money. And unusually there were five sets of twins who took part.
You may also want to watch:
Results. Year 3 Girls: Kacey Adkin (Gresham Village); Year 3 Boys: Robbie Watts (Staham Junior).
Year 4 Girls: Jessica Boddy (Stalham Junior); Year 4 Boys: Reuben Brooks (Bure Valley).
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?
Year 5 Girls: Amy Cooper (Hevingham); Year 5 Boys: Jamie Stares (Stalham Junior).
Year 6 Girls: Lauren Hemp (Millfield Junior); Year 6 Boys: Finlay Swanson (Gresham Village).
Team events (first four from each school to count). Year 3 Girls: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Gresham Village; Year 3 Boys: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Stalham Junior; Year 4 Girls: 1 Stalham Junior, 2 North Walsham Junior; Year 4 Boys: 1 Bure Valley, 2 Belfrey Overstrand; Year 5 Girls: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Worstead; Year 5 Boys: 1 North Walsham Junior, 2 Stalham Junior; Year 6 Girls: 1 Hevingham, 2 North Walsham Junior; Year 6 Boys: 1 Millfield Junior, 2 Aldborough.