Ruling blow for Sheringham title hopes
THE race for the Sterry Cup was turned upside down by a league ruling that gave Sheringham's rivals Blofield a boost.Their 0-0 draw with AFC Norwich must be replayed because their opponents fielded a suspended player.
THE race for the Sterry Cup was turned upside down by a league ruling that gave Sheringham's rivals Blofield a boost.
Their 0-0 draw with AFC Norwich must be replayed because their opponents fielded a suspended player.
Tuesday night saw Anglian Combination Premier Division leaders the Shannocks win 2-1 at home to Sprowston Athletic while Blofield thrashed bottom club Holt 8-0 on their own pitch. Sheringham, with one game left, have 61 points from 29 games to Blofield's 56 from 27. Even if Sheringham win at Brandon on Saturday, three Blofield wins would give the Beavers the title by a point.
Also on Tuesday, North Walsham lost 4-1 at Beccles Town, Cromer won 4-1 at home to Dersingham while Wroxham Reserves drew 2-2 at home to AFC Norwich.
On Saturday, Roy Bevis fired a hat-trick as Sheringham won 4-2 at Dersingham. Karl Fox was also on target for Sheringham.
Loddon were 4-0 winners over North Walsham.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 4 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 5 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 6 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 9 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 10 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
Tomorrow, Cromer are at Watton; (Saturday) AFC Norwich v Blofield (Thorpe Rec 2.30), Beccles v Holt (2), Brandon v Sheringham (2), Wroxham Res v Dersingham (2.30); (Wednesday) Blofield v AFC Norwich, (6.45), North Walsham v Acle (7.30).