Ruling blow for Sheringham title hopes
THE race for the Sterry Cup was turned upside down by a league ruling that gave Sheringham's rivals Blofield a boost.Their 0-0 draw with AFC Norwich must be replayed because their opponents fielded a suspended player.
THE race for the Sterry Cup was turned upside down by a league ruling that gave Sheringham's rivals Blofield a boost.
Their 0-0 draw with AFC Norwich must be replayed because their opponents fielded a suspended player.
Tuesday night saw Anglian Combination Premier Division leaders the Shannocks win 2-1 at home to Sprowston Athletic while Blofield thrashed bottom club Holt 8-0 on their own pitch. Sheringham, with one game left, have 61 points from 29 games to Blofield's 56 from 27. Even if Sheringham win at Brandon on Saturday, three Blofield wins would give the Beavers the title by a point.
Also on Tuesday, North Walsham lost 4-1 at Beccles Town, Cromer won 4-1 at home to Dersingham while Wroxham Reserves drew 2-2 at home to AFC Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Roy Bevis fired a hat-trick as Sheringham won 4-2 at Dersingham. Karl Fox was also on target for Sheringham.
Loddon were 4-0 winners over North Walsham.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
Tomorrow, Cromer are at Watton; (Saturday) AFC Norwich v Blofield (Thorpe Rec 2.30), Beccles v Holt (2), Brandon v Sheringham (2), Wroxham Res v Dersingham (2.30); (Wednesday) Blofield v AFC Norwich, (6.45), North Walsham v Acle (7.30).