Rugby friendly handy for Holt
Holt 17, Norwich Lions 15Holt's original opponents Wisbech withdrew from the fixture on Thursday presenting them with the easiest two league points all season to consolidate their position of fourth in the table.
Holt 17, Norwich Lions 15
Holt's original opponents Wisbech withdrew from the fixture on Thursday presenting them with the easiest two league points all season to consolidate their position of fourth in the table.
Norwich Lions agreed to travel to fill the gap and to help entertain a good crowd following a pre-match luncheon.
Both sides contributed to a well-committed and very close contest with Holt scoring the winning try right at the end. It had looked as though Norwich would take the spoils having taken the lead at 12-15, but Holt were equal to the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
The game proved to be a very useful exercise, considering Holt entertain league leaders Lowestoft & Yarmouth on Saturday and they will be out to spoil their visitors unbeaten record so far this season and to avenge their 13-6 away defeat in the first league game of the season.
Holt Owls, the 2nd XV, recorded their third Merit Table One win in a row by beating visitors Watton 12-5 and thereby completing the double.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 7 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 8 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
The A XV won their Merit Table Three game away to Lowestoft & Yarmouth III 12-7 to maintain their lead at the top.