Rugby friendly handy for Holt
Holt 17, Norwich Lions 15Holt's original opponents Wisbech withdrew from the fixture on Thursday presenting them with the easiest two league points all season to consolidate their position of fourth in the table.
Holt 17, Norwich Lions 15
Holt's original opponents Wisbech withdrew from the fixture on Thursday presenting them with the easiest two league points all season to consolidate their position of fourth in the table.
Norwich Lions agreed to travel to fill the gap and to help entertain a good crowd following a pre-match luncheon.
Both sides contributed to a well-committed and very close contest with Holt scoring the winning try right at the end. It had looked as though Norwich would take the spoils having taken the lead at 12-15, but Holt were equal to the occasion.
The game proved to be a very useful exercise, considering Holt entertain league leaders Lowestoft & Yarmouth on Saturday and they will be out to spoil their visitors unbeaten record so far this season and to avenge their 13-6 away defeat in the first league game of the season.
Holt Owls, the 2nd XV, recorded their third Merit Table One win in a row by beating visitors Watton 12-5 and thereby completing the double.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
The A XV won their Merit Table Three game away to Lowestoft & Yarmouth III 12-7 to maintain their lead at the top.