Rugby friendly handy for Holt
Holt 17, Norwich Lions 15Holt's original opponents Wisbech withdrew from the fixture on Thursday presenting them with the easiest two league points all season to consolidate their position of fourth in the table.
Holt 17, Norwich Lions 15
Holt's original opponents Wisbech withdrew from the fixture on Thursday presenting them with the easiest two league points all season to consolidate their position of fourth in the table.
Norwich Lions agreed to travel to fill the gap and to help entertain a good crowd following a pre-match luncheon.
Both sides contributed to a well-committed and very close contest with Holt scoring the winning try right at the end. It had looked as though Norwich would take the spoils having taken the lead at 12-15, but Holt were equal to the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
The game proved to be a very useful exercise, considering Holt entertain league leaders Lowestoft & Yarmouth on Saturday and they will be out to spoil their visitors unbeaten record so far this season and to avenge their 13-6 away defeat in the first league game of the season.
Holt Owls, the 2nd XV, recorded their third Merit Table One win in a row by beating visitors Watton 12-5 and thereby completing the double.
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 5 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 6 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
The A XV won their Merit Table Three game away to Lowestoft & Yarmouth III 12-7 to maintain their lead at the top.