Rugby friendly handy for Holt
Holt 17, Norwich Lions 15Holt's original opponents Wisbech withdrew from the fixture on Thursday presenting them with the easiest two league points all season to consolidate their position of fourth in the table.
Holt 17, Norwich Lions 15
Holt's original opponents Wisbech withdrew from the fixture on Thursday presenting them with the easiest two league points all season to consolidate their position of fourth in the table.
Norwich Lions agreed to travel to fill the gap and to help entertain a good crowd following a pre-match luncheon.
Both sides contributed to a well-committed and very close contest with Holt scoring the winning try right at the end. It had looked as though Norwich would take the spoils having taken the lead at 12-15, but Holt were equal to the occasion.
The game proved to be a very useful exercise, considering Holt entertain league leaders Lowestoft & Yarmouth on Saturday and they will be out to spoil their visitors unbeaten record so far this season and to avenge their 13-6 away defeat in the first league game of the season.
Holt Owls, the 2nd XV, recorded their third Merit Table One win in a row by beating visitors Watton 12-5 and thereby completing the double.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 9 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 10 Neighbouring Tescos band together to purchase lifesaving device
The A XV won their Merit Table Three game away to Lowestoft & Yarmouth III 12-7 to maintain their lead at the top.