Robins' strikers on song
Reepham Town 6, Norwich United Reserves 1WITHOUT one Reepham player touching the ball and within 15 seconds of the start, Lewis Greening finished well to put the visitors one up.
Reepham Town 6, Norwich United Reserves 1
WITHOUT one Reepham player touching the ball and within 15 seconds of the start, Lewis Greening finished well to put the visitors one up.
After the initial shock Reepham took control of the game and levelled on the half-hour with Shaun Belton driving on from midfield and finishing well.
Just before half-time United's Jamie Atkins was red carded and in the second period Norwich goalkeeper Ronaldo Blade was kept incredibly busy.
Colin Emberley curled a great free-kick into the bottom left corner to put the home club ahead. Further goals quickly followed as Reepham switched play and kept the young Norwich team chasing the ball.
After some great inter-passing play Kevin Winkworth made it
- 1 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 4 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 5 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 6 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
- 7 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed
3-1. Rodney Drake battered in a
25 yarder. On the hour Emberley got his second with a neat little turn and chip in the box to make it five.
Mark Gaskin should have at least one, but Blade made a couple of good stops. Both Robins' strikers Kevin White and Leon Huckle came close, but Robbie Revel at centre-back for Norwich saw to it that they didn't.
In the end Belton scored again to make it six.
Melon Cauli Rose Reepham MoM was Martin Failes who kept goal with an immaculate defensive display and terrific distribution.
While he had little to do in the second half, when he was called upon he made a terrific save from a fierce Greening close-range shot when the young Norwich striker evaded the otherwise unyielding Reepham defence.
The Robins are next away to Anglian Windows in a cup match (ko 1.30pm).