Robins' strikers on song
Reepham Town 6, Norwich United Reserves 1WITHOUT one Reepham player touching the ball and within 15 seconds of the start, Lewis Greening finished well to put the visitors one up.
Reepham Town 6, Norwich United Reserves 1
WITHOUT one Reepham player touching the ball and within 15 seconds of the start, Lewis Greening finished well to put the visitors one up.
After the initial shock Reepham took control of the game and levelled on the half-hour with Shaun Belton driving on from midfield and finishing well.
Just before half-time United's Jamie Atkins was red carded and in the second period Norwich goalkeeper Ronaldo Blade was kept incredibly busy.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Emberley curled a great free-kick into the bottom left corner to put the home club ahead. Further goals quickly followed as Reepham switched play and kept the young Norwich team chasing the ball.
After some great inter-passing play Kevin Winkworth made it
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 7 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 8 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
3-1. Rodney Drake battered in a
25 yarder. On the hour Emberley got his second with a neat little turn and chip in the box to make it five.
Mark Gaskin should have at least one, but Blade made a couple of good stops. Both Robins' strikers Kevin White and Leon Huckle came close, but Robbie Revel at centre-back for Norwich saw to it that they didn't.
In the end Belton scored again to make it six.
Melon Cauli Rose Reepham MoM was Martin Failes who kept goal with an immaculate defensive display and terrific distribution.
While he had little to do in the second half, when he was called upon he made a terrific save from a fierce Greening close-range shot when the young Norwich striker evaded the otherwise unyielding Reepham defence.
The Robins are next away to Anglian Windows in a cup match (ko 1.30pm).