Robins on song
Reepham Town 4, CEYMS 1THE Robins entertained a young CEYMS who possessed vigour and talent, and the initial stages were cautious with the more experienced Reepham team shading the balance of play.
Reepham Town 4, CEYMS 1
THE Robins entertained a young CEYMS who possessed vigour and talent, and the initial stages were cautious with the more experienced Reepham team shading the balance of play.
Reepham's Leon Huckle glanced a header past the far post after a tremendous curling cross from James Page. On 30 minutes and after sustained pressure the ball came out of a crowded CEYMS penalty area to Reepham's Gary Belton, who bent a long range shot into the top left corner.
Ironically five minutes later Belton could not score from 12 yards when Byron Cook made a great penalty save.
You may also want to watch:
During the second half Reepham ground down the youthful visitors and within 10 minutes of the restart Huckle turned and volleyed a terrific goal from the 18-yard box.
On the hour substitutes Colin Emberley and Rodney Drake entered the fray and a real grip was taken on the game. Mark George the CEYMS centre back was outstanding and keeper Cook made a number of excellent saves.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 5 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 9 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
After a scything run by Shaun Belton, Huckle hit the bar and then a short corner saw Kevin Winkworth cross hard and low for Beau Howard to ram the ball in from six yards.
High quality Robins' passing play on the sticky pitch saw Huckle get his second with a neat reaction header.
As the pressure mounted Kevin White had a 'goal' disallowed and with a three-on-one chance Huckle made the wrong choice and a certain opportunity came to nothing.
Two minutes from the end CEYMS, who showed great character grabbed a well-taken Kirk Bardsley consolation goal