Robins on song
Reepham Town 4, CEYMS 1THE Robins entertained a young CEYMS who possessed vigour and talent, and the initial stages were cautious with the more experienced Reepham team shading the balance of play.
Reepham Town 4, CEYMS 1
THE Robins entertained a young CEYMS who possessed vigour and talent, and the initial stages were cautious with the more experienced Reepham team shading the balance of play.
Reepham's Leon Huckle glanced a header past the far post after a tremendous curling cross from James Page. On 30 minutes and after sustained pressure the ball came out of a crowded CEYMS penalty area to Reepham's Gary Belton, who bent a long range shot into the top left corner.
Ironically five minutes later Belton could not score from 12 yards when Byron Cook made a great penalty save.
During the second half Reepham ground down the youthful visitors and within 10 minutes of the restart Huckle turned and volleyed a terrific goal from the 18-yard box.
On the hour substitutes Colin Emberley and Rodney Drake entered the fray and a real grip was taken on the game. Mark George the CEYMS centre back was outstanding and keeper Cook made a number of excellent saves.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 7 New group's £3.3 million bid to take over Holt Hall
- 8 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
After a scything run by Shaun Belton, Huckle hit the bar and then a short corner saw Kevin Winkworth cross hard and low for Beau Howard to ram the ball in from six yards.
High quality Robins' passing play on the sticky pitch saw Huckle get his second with a neat reaction header.
As the pressure mounted Kevin White had a 'goal' disallowed and with a three-on-one chance Huckle made the wrong choice and a certain opportunity came to nothing.
Two minutes from the end CEYMS, who showed great character grabbed a well-taken Kirk Bardsley consolation goal