Robins not quite on song
Reepham Town 4, Downham Town 0“It's strange, we scored four goals, kept a clean sheet and got three valuable points, but no single player was outstanding and I do feel a little flat after today's game.
Reepham Town 4,
Downham Town 0
“It's strange, we scored four goals, kept a clean sheet and got three valuable points, but no single player was outstanding and I do feel a little flat after today's game.
“We were superb in the first 20 minutes and then with the job done everyone on the park relaxed.
“It's obvious we can play better, but to perform reasonably well and get a great result can't be bad,” sanguine words from Paul Belton, Reepham's assistant manager, after Saturday's victory over Downham.
Goals from Leon Huckle, Rodney Drake and Kevin White within 20 minutes finished off Downham.
- 1 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 2 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 3 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 4 Broads homes plan branded 'absolute insanity' gets approval
- 5 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 6 'Wild Church' events to start on north Norfolk coast
- 7 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 8 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 9 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 10 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
The visitors were more competitive in the second period with Coby Barder demonstrating neat footwork, but any chances they had were dealt with efficiently by the home team's defence.
Reepham sealed the win with a goal from Mark Gaskin on 70 minutes to make it 4-0.
Martin Failes in the Robins nets had little to do and he did it without error, whilst Nathan Nichols in the Downham goal
was very busy as Reepham could have and should have scored another four.
Meloncauli Rose Reepham man of the match was Kevin Winkworth whose composure shone through.
This Saturday the Robins are home to Oulton Broad. 2pm kick-off.