Robins not quite on song
Reepham Town 4, Downham Town 0“It's strange, we scored four goals, kept a clean sheet and got three valuable points, but no single player was outstanding and I do feel a little flat after today's game.
Reepham Town 4,
Downham Town 0
“It's strange, we scored four goals, kept a clean sheet and got three valuable points, but no single player was outstanding and I do feel a little flat after today's game.
“We were superb in the first 20 minutes and then with the job done everyone on the park relaxed.
“It's obvious we can play better, but to perform reasonably well and get a great result can't be bad,” sanguine words from Paul Belton, Reepham's assistant manager, after Saturday's victory over Downham.
Goals from Leon Huckle, Rodney Drake and Kevin White within 20 minutes finished off Downham.
- 1 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 6 In pictures: Potty Morris and folk festival draws thousands to coast
- 7 Lifeboat crew saves north Norfolk fisherman from hitting rock groynes
- 8 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 9 Happisburgh revealed as north Norfolk's most isolated spot
- 10 Cromer Pier Show review: Performers return in spectacular style
The visitors were more competitive in the second period with Coby Barder demonstrating neat footwork, but any chances they had were dealt with efficiently by the home team's defence.
Reepham sealed the win with a goal from Mark Gaskin on 70 minutes to make it 4-0.
Martin Failes in the Robins nets had little to do and he did it without error, whilst Nathan Nichols in the Downham goal
was very busy as Reepham could have and should have scored another four.
Meloncauli Rose Reepham man of the match was Kevin Winkworth whose composure shone through.
This Saturday the Robins are home to Oulton Broad. 2pm kick-off.