Robins not quite on song
Reepham Town 4, Downham Town 0“It's strange, we scored four goals, kept a clean sheet and got three valuable points, but no single player was outstanding and I do feel a little flat after today's game.
Reepham Town 4,
Downham Town 0
“It's strange, we scored four goals, kept a clean sheet and got three valuable points, but no single player was outstanding and I do feel a little flat after today's game.
“We were superb in the first 20 minutes and then with the job done everyone on the park relaxed.
You may also want to watch:
“It's obvious we can play better, but to perform reasonably well and get a great result can't be bad,” sanguine words from Paul Belton, Reepham's assistant manager, after Saturday's victory over Downham.
Goals from Leon Huckle, Rodney Drake and Kevin White within 20 minutes finished off Downham.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
The visitors were more competitive in the second period with Coby Barder demonstrating neat footwork, but any chances they had were dealt with efficiently by the home team's defence.
Reepham sealed the win with a goal from Mark Gaskin on 70 minutes to make it 4-0.
Martin Failes in the Robins nets had little to do and he did it without error, whilst Nathan Nichols in the Downham goal
was very busy as Reepham could have and should have scored another four.
Meloncauli Rose Reepham man of the match was Kevin Winkworth whose composure shone through.
This Saturday the Robins are home to Oulton Broad. 2pm kick-off.