Robins look set for promotion
Reepham Town 4, Sprowston Wanderers 1A THIRD league triumph in seven days left Reepham seven points clear at the top of the Anglian Combination Division Two.
Reepham Town 4, Sprowston Wanderers 1
A THIRD league triumph in seven days left Reepham seven points clear at the top of the Anglian Combination Division Two. Sprowston who have gradually improved as the season has progressed were indistinctly superior to the home team in the first 10 minutes, but Reepham improved in standing and on 22 minutes the constantly developing James Page crossed from the left, Kevin White smashed in a shot and Leon Huckle jammed out a heal and scored a tidy goal.
Just after the half hour big Dan Stop headed well clear from his 18 yard box only to witness a wonder strike from Page as he volleyed the Robins two up. On 38 minutes a neat goal from Jodie Peecher may have lifted Sprowston, but one minute later some attractive possession play lead to Page squaring to Huckle whose shot was saved by Aaron Bunns, but Gary Belton followed in and rifled the ball in to make it 3-1 at half-time. The second period was less entertaining with Reepham looking comfortable. Kevin Winkworth smashed a chance against a post before Beau Howard broke from the pack and volleyed in a Belton corner.
Paul Belton the Reepham assistant manager stated. He continued: 'We let in a goal today and that is the first we have conceded in five games. We have we have won 16 of our last 17 games, but we know that it is exceptionally tight at the top of this division this year. We have eight league games left and we are determined to win those eight games'.
You may also want to watch:
Meloncaulie Rose Reepham Man of the Match was Matty Huckle, who was outstanding at the back.
Next, Reepham Town play Norwich St Johns away in the cup in a 2pm kick-off.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road