Robins in stalemate
Reepham Town 0, Wortwell 0THIS was the fourth time these two teams had met this season, and to a degree familiarity meant they cancelled each other out.
Reepham Town 0, Wortwell 0
THIS was the fourth time these two teams had met this season, and to a degree familiarity meant they cancelled each other out.
The weather was not conducive to a flowing game as the wind swept down the pitch, but despite playing poorly Reepham should have won. Chances were few, but those that were created should have been taken.
Chairman Marcus Wilkinson stated: “This was the worst I've seen the boys play this term. We need to remain focused for the remainder of the season and get back the good form we displayed earlier in the campaign”.
He continued: “Fortunately our Sunday team showed everyone else how it is done with a cracking 7-0 win against Earlham Colney.”
In a game where both teams gave 100 per cent, James Page bagged a hat-trick, Daniel Davis scored a brace and Jon Harrington and Dan Oswick with a goal apiece rounded off the scoring.
- 1 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Magistrate's name to live on in charity for young people
- 8 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 9 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 10 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
Manager Gary Easton commented after the match: “We were dominant throughout and if Earlham's keeper had not been in such outstanding form we could have scored more.”
Reepham Reserves had a weekend off with no fixture, but on Saturday they are at home to Gorleston, ko 2.30pm.
Reepham Town Sunday play Pulham United at Stimpson's Piece ko 10.30am.
The first team travel to Norwich St Johns ko 2.30pm.