Robins in stalemate
Reepham Town 0, Wortwell 0THIS was the fourth time these two teams had met this season, and to a degree familiarity meant they cancelled each other out.
Reepham Town 0, Wortwell 0
THIS was the fourth time these two teams had met this season, and to a degree familiarity meant they cancelled each other out.
The weather was not conducive to a flowing game as the wind swept down the pitch, but despite playing poorly Reepham should have won. Chances were few, but those that were created should have been taken.
Chairman Marcus Wilkinson stated: “This was the worst I've seen the boys play this term. We need to remain focused for the remainder of the season and get back the good form we displayed earlier in the campaign”.
He continued: “Fortunately our Sunday team showed everyone else how it is done with a cracking 7-0 win against Earlham Colney.”
In a game where both teams gave 100 per cent, James Page bagged a hat-trick, Daniel Davis scored a brace and Jon Harrington and Dan Oswick with a goal apiece rounded off the scoring.
- 1 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 4 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 5 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Christmas market draws hundreds to high street
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Norfolk still has just one identified Omicron Covid case
Manager Gary Easton commented after the match: “We were dominant throughout and if Earlham's keeper had not been in such outstanding form we could have scored more.”
Reepham Reserves had a weekend off with no fixture, but on Saturday they are at home to Gorleston, ko 2.30pm.
Reepham Town Sunday play Pulham United at Stimpson's Piece ko 10.30am.
The first team travel to Norwich St Johns ko 2.30pm.