Riding was high quality
North Norfolk WheelersOn Sunday, September 28, 11 time trialists got out of bed early again for the penultimate 10-mile time trial for this season.
North Norfolk Wheelers
On Sunday, September 28, 11 time trialists got out of bed early again for the penultimate 10-mile time trial for this season. The standard of riding was as high as ever.
Dave Griffiths and John Etheridge had ridden a 10 mile time trial in Bungay on the Saturday but John still managed to put in a time of 24mins 45sec, a personal best time since 1993.
Unfortunately, Dave Griffiths was hampered by one of the time trialling hazards. He was slowed down by the heavy traffic heading for the coast to enjoy some early autumn sunshine so was unable to top the 25:55 he achieved on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Platts, Ray Turner, Steve Rush and Charles Rowe, regular time trialists, also competed in the Bungay time trial.
The riders were looking forward to making a last ditch effort to win the best 10x10-mile time trial trophy on October 5 but unfortunately the race was cancelled because of heavy rain and winds so all the hard work by the riders is done and it's now for CJ to do the sums and proclaim the season's winner.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 6 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown
Actual times: Davison 23:17, Bailey 24:25, Thetford 24:44, Etheridge 24:45, Davey 25:37, Newson 26:04 (pb), Griffiths 26:25, Rivett 26:42, McKenzie 26:46 (pb), Poulter 27:16, Thorold 27:57.
Handicapped times: Newson 21:02, Etheridge and Mckenzie 21:42, Thetford 21:48, Thorold 22:00, Davison and Rivett 22:22, Griffiths 22:51, Bailey 23:02, Poulter 23:44.