Rachel back on gold trail
City of Norwich AC's 800m ace Rachel Stringer, from Reepham, is back on the golden trail.Competing in the recent British Universities Indoor Track & Field Championships, held in Sheffield, she took to the boards for Loughborough University and proved to be a comfortable winner.
City of Norwich AC's 800m ace Rachel Stringer, from Reepham, is back on the golden trail.
Competing in the recent British Universities Indoor Track & Field Championships, held in Sheffield, she took to the boards for Loughborough University and proved to be a comfortable winner.
Despite the ups and downs of coughs and colds, she has wintered well and was out to make her mark at the championships.
She cruised through the heat and semi-final into the final in which she was confident that she would produce a winning performance. This she duly did with aplomb. On the pace at the 400m mark, reached at 66.4, she then moved away from the chasing field to cross the line a comfortable winner in a time of 2:10.98.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel, who has received funding from the Norfolk Sports and Cultural Foundation - which supports young talented athletes and artists on the road to London 2012 - is now looking forward to the summer track season in confident mood.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake