President's men good opponents for Holt team
Holt 20, President's XV 12ON Boxing Day, Holt played their annual match against the 15 raised by their president Iain MacBrayne from a cross-section of Norfolk clubs.
Holt 20, President's XV 12
ON Boxing Day, Holt played their annual match against the 15 raised by their president Iain MacBrayne from a cross-section of Norfolk clubs.
Fortunately the weather had relented and quite a lot of the snow had melted, allowing the game to be played on the second team pitch.
Holt conceded an early converted try to trail 7-0 but scored two unconverted tries to lead 10-7 at the break.
Holt scored an early try in the second half to increase their lead to 15-7, but then had to defend to keep the president's men at bay, although they did score an unconverted try to narrow the scoreline to 15-12.
Despite further pressure, Holt kept their line intact and towards the end of a very entertaining game, scored another unconverted try.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 4 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 5 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 6 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 7 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 8 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 9 'Rainbow of rhodies' puts on stunning display at Sheringham Park
- 10 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
A good crowd were appreciative of a good, open rugby match and Holt can feel satisfied with their performance, which should hold them in good stead for their forthcoming league games which begin on Saturday with a trip to neighbours Fakenham to play the match cancelled before Christmas.