President's men good opponents for Holt team
Holt 20, President's XV 12ON Boxing Day, Holt played their annual match against the 15 raised by their president Iain MacBrayne from a cross-section of Norfolk clubs.
Holt 20, President's XV 12
ON Boxing Day, Holt played their annual match against the 15 raised by their president Iain MacBrayne from a cross-section of Norfolk clubs.
Fortunately the weather had relented and quite a lot of the snow had melted, allowing the game to be played on the second team pitch.
Holt conceded an early converted try to trail 7-0 but scored two unconverted tries to lead 10-7 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Holt scored an early try in the second half to increase their lead to 15-7, but then had to defend to keep the president's men at bay, although they did score an unconverted try to narrow the scoreline to 15-12.
Despite further pressure, Holt kept their line intact and towards the end of a very entertaining game, scored another unconverted try.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 4 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 5 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 8 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
A good crowd were appreciative of a good, open rugby match and Holt can feel satisfied with their performance, which should hold them in good stead for their forthcoming league games which begin on Saturday with a trip to neighbours Fakenham to play the match cancelled before Christmas.