Poor display sees Bradfield A lose at home
Enforced changes to Bradfield A's line-up meant a difficult game was ahead at home to Garboldisham in Alliance Division Six
Asked to bat first, skipper J Hewetson was into his stride early, playing some fine shots.
New recruit C Mack looked a little nervous on his debut and faced some excellent deliveries from Garboldisham's opening bowlers.
In the fourth over Mack departed, feathering another superb delivery through to the keeper.
A confident Hewetson was now joined by the experienced N Whitehouse, but this partnership was not allowed to blossom as Hewetson was bowled for 15.
You may also want to watch:
Youth player S Abbs was next in and with Whitehouse stood resilient to see off Garboldisham's openers.
This unlikely pairing put together a partnership of some substance.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 5 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 6 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 7 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 8 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 9 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 10 'We don't rest on our laurels' - Norfolk restaurants keep Michelin stars
After drinks and needing to up the run rate N Whitehouse began to hit out, but in so doing was caught behind. Needing to score quickly and with overs running out, Register and Bartholomew departed cheaply, G Phillips made five and L McCarthy added 10.
Pushing the total up to 142 without further loss S Holmes was not out 10 and M Seago finished on 15.
With such a low total to defend Bradfield needed early wickets. Garboldisham's opening batsmen quickly responded to some indifferent deliveries to establish a firm grip on this game.
Only M Seago troubled the batsmen on a regular basis and was rewarded with the only wicket.
A poor all-round performance by Bradfield compared to previous weeks, gave Garboldisham a comfortable win.