Poor display sees Bradfield A lose at home
Enforced changes to Bradfield A's line-up meant a difficult game was ahead at home to Garboldisham in Alliance Division Six
Asked to bat first, skipper J Hewetson was into his stride early, playing some fine shots.
New recruit C Mack looked a little nervous on his debut and faced some excellent deliveries from Garboldisham's opening bowlers.
In the fourth over Mack departed, feathering another superb delivery through to the keeper.
A confident Hewetson was now joined by the experienced N Whitehouse, but this partnership was not allowed to blossom as Hewetson was bowled for 15.
Youth player S Abbs was next in and with Whitehouse stood resilient to see off Garboldisham's openers.
This unlikely pairing put together a partnership of some substance.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled
After drinks and needing to up the run rate N Whitehouse began to hit out, but in so doing was caught behind. Needing to score quickly and with overs running out, Register and Bartholomew departed cheaply, G Phillips made five and L McCarthy added 10.
Pushing the total up to 142 without further loss S Holmes was not out 10 and M Seago finished on 15.
With such a low total to defend Bradfield needed early wickets. Garboldisham's opening batsmen quickly responded to some indifferent deliveries to establish a firm grip on this game.
Only M Seago troubled the batsmen on a regular basis and was rewarded with the only wicket.
A poor all-round performance by Bradfield compared to previous weeks, gave Garboldisham a comfortable win.