Poor display sees Bradfield A lose at home
Enforced changes to Bradfield A's line-up meant a difficult game was ahead at home to Garboldisham in Alliance Division Six
Asked to bat first, skipper J Hewetson was into his stride early, playing some fine shots.
New recruit C Mack looked a little nervous on his debut and faced some excellent deliveries from Garboldisham's opening bowlers.
In the fourth over Mack departed, feathering another superb delivery through to the keeper.
A confident Hewetson was now joined by the experienced N Whitehouse, but this partnership was not allowed to blossom as Hewetson was bowled for 15.
You may also want to watch:
Youth player S Abbs was next in and with Whitehouse stood resilient to see off Garboldisham's openers.
This unlikely pairing put together a partnership of some substance.
- 1 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Street food business goes from strength to strength despite lockdown
- 4 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 5 'It just got out of hand' - Biking baker celebrates five year anniversary
- 6 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 7 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 8 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 9 It's Strictly Christmas! Pier's new-look festive show about to launch
- 10 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
After drinks and needing to up the run rate N Whitehouse began to hit out, but in so doing was caught behind. Needing to score quickly and with overs running out, Register and Bartholomew departed cheaply, G Phillips made five and L McCarthy added 10.
Pushing the total up to 142 without further loss S Holmes was not out 10 and M Seago finished on 15.
With such a low total to defend Bradfield needed early wickets. Garboldisham's opening batsmen quickly responded to some indifferent deliveries to establish a firm grip on this game.
Only M Seago troubled the batsmen on a regular basis and was rewarded with the only wicket.
A poor all-round performance by Bradfield compared to previous weeks, gave Garboldisham a comfortable win.