Poor display sees Bradfield A lose at home
Enforced changes to Bradfield A's line-up meant a difficult game was ahead at home to Garboldisham in Alliance Division Six
Asked to bat first, skipper J Hewetson was into his stride early, playing some fine shots.
New recruit C Mack looked a little nervous on his debut and faced some excellent deliveries from Garboldisham's opening bowlers.
In the fourth over Mack departed, feathering another superb delivery through to the keeper.
A confident Hewetson was now joined by the experienced N Whitehouse, but this partnership was not allowed to blossom as Hewetson was bowled for 15.
Youth player S Abbs was next in and with Whitehouse stood resilient to see off Garboldisham's openers.
This unlikely pairing put together a partnership of some substance.
- 1 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 2 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 3 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 4 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 5 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 6 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 7 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 8 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 9 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways
After drinks and needing to up the run rate N Whitehouse began to hit out, but in so doing was caught behind. Needing to score quickly and with overs running out, Register and Bartholomew departed cheaply, G Phillips made five and L McCarthy added 10.
Pushing the total up to 142 without further loss S Holmes was not out 10 and M Seago finished on 15.
With such a low total to defend Bradfield needed early wickets. Garboldisham's opening batsmen quickly responded to some indifferent deliveries to establish a firm grip on this game.
Only M Seago troubled the batsmen on a regular basis and was rewarded with the only wicket.
A poor all-round performance by Bradfield compared to previous weeks, gave Garboldisham a comfortable win.