Plain sailing for Yachtsmen
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4
Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
The Yachtsmen were caught cold in the first minute when they seemed mesmerised by a Stuart Ablett free-kick that hit the back of the net with the defence and the keeper caught napping.
However, they got their game together and Danny Self levelled in the 22nd minute with a splendid effort, and it was Self who was brought down in the 35th minute to set up Andy Key for the penalty that put the Yachtsmen in front of the Fenmen.
Wroxham, who finished fifth in the table, made the points safe in the 78th minute when White set up Key for his second goal of the game, and a few minutes before the end Paul Cook completed the scoring with a deflection off Ablett from outside the box.
- 1 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 2 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 3 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 4 Broads homes plan branded 'absolute insanity' gets approval
- 5 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 6 'Wild Church' events to start on north Norfolk coast
- 7 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 8 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 9 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 10 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture