Plain sailing for Yachtsmen
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4
Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
The Yachtsmen were caught cold in the first minute when they seemed mesmerised by a Stuart Ablett free-kick that hit the back of the net with the defence and the keeper caught napping.
However, they got their game together and Danny Self levelled in the 22nd minute with a splendid effort, and it was Self who was brought down in the 35th minute to set up Andy Key for the penalty that put the Yachtsmen in front of the Fenmen.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham, who finished fifth in the table, made the points safe in the 78th minute when White set up Key for his second goal of the game, and a few minutes before the end Paul Cook completed the scoring with a deflection off Ablett from outside the box.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer