Plain sailing for Yachtsmen
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4
Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
The Yachtsmen were caught cold in the first minute when they seemed mesmerised by a Stuart Ablett free-kick that hit the back of the net with the defence and the keeper caught napping.
However, they got their game together and Danny Self levelled in the 22nd minute with a splendid effort, and it was Self who was brought down in the 35th minute to set up Andy Key for the penalty that put the Yachtsmen in front of the Fenmen.
Wroxham, who finished fifth in the table, made the points safe in the 78th minute when White set up Key for his second goal of the game, and a few minutes before the end Paul Cook completed the scoring with a deflection off Ablett from outside the box.
- 1 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 6 In pictures: Potty Morris and folk festival draws thousands to coast
- 7 Lifeboat crew saves north Norfolk fisherman from hitting rock groynes
- 8 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 9 Happisburgh revealed as north Norfolk's most isolated spot
- 10 Cromer Pier Show review: Performers return in spectacular style