Plain sailing for Yachtsmen
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4
Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
The Yachtsmen were caught cold in the first minute when they seemed mesmerised by a Stuart Ablett free-kick that hit the back of the net with the defence and the keeper caught napping.
However, they got their game together and Danny Self levelled in the 22nd minute with a splendid effort, and it was Self who was brought down in the 35th minute to set up Andy Key for the penalty that put the Yachtsmen in front of the Fenmen.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham, who finished fifth in the table, made the points safe in the 78th minute when White set up Key for his second goal of the game, and a few minutes before the end Paul Cook completed the scoring with a deflection off Ablett from outside the box.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use