Plain sailing for Yachtsmen
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4
Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
The Yachtsmen were caught cold in the first minute when they seemed mesmerised by a Stuart Ablett free-kick that hit the back of the net with the defence and the keeper caught napping.
However, they got their game together and Danny Self levelled in the 22nd minute with a splendid effort, and it was Self who was brought down in the 35th minute to set up Andy Key for the penalty that put the Yachtsmen in front of the Fenmen.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham, who finished fifth in the table, made the points safe in the 78th minute when White set up Key for his second goal of the game, and a few minutes before the end Paul Cook completed the scoring with a deflection off Ablett from outside the box.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall