Plain sailing for Yachtsmen
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
Wisbech 1, Wroxham 4
Wroxham required all three points from their old adversaries to have any chance of finishing their Ridgeons Premier season in fourth place, and at the break they were defending a vital 2-1 advantage.
The Yachtsmen were caught cold in the first minute when they seemed mesmerised by a Stuart Ablett free-kick that hit the back of the net with the defence and the keeper caught napping.
However, they got their game together and Danny Self levelled in the 22nd minute with a splendid effort, and it was Self who was brought down in the 35th minute to set up Andy Key for the penalty that put the Yachtsmen in front of the Fenmen.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham, who finished fifth in the table, made the points safe in the 78th minute when White set up Key for his second goal of the game, and a few minutes before the end Paul Cook completed the scoring with a deflection off Ablett from outside the box.
- 1 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 2 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 3 'Hugely disappointed': Reaction to Tier 2 Covid restrictions for Norfolk
- 4 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 5 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 9 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 10 Council apologises for removing WW2 gun emplacement parts without notice