Personal best for North Norfolk Wheelers rider
The last three time trials for the 2012 season reflect the unprecedented effect the weather has had.
The last race of August was nearly cancelled but the first time trial in September was contested on a beautiful warm late summer evening with balmy light winds. The conditions tempted out 21 riders and times were fast, with Charlie Nurse putting in a course personal best. Julie Buckingham, one of a growing number of female riders, tried her first ever 10 mile time trial and clocked a very creditable 31:23.
Danny Wyer and Luke Morgan both put in excellent times considering just four days earlier hey had competed in the North Norfolk Triathlon at Wells Harbour. Wyer finished second overall out of the 193 riders in a time of 2-03:52. Luke Morgan, a veteran, came well up the field in 2-34:03.
The last 10 mile time trial was contested by 16 riders in windy, cold conditions. Nearly all the field was at least a minute off the previous week's times. The 18� mile hilly time trial was cancelled. The riders were getting ready to start off when there was a localised heavy storm and conditions were considered too dangerous to continue. The event will take place next Sunday and will see the close of the North Norfolk Wheeler's 2012 season.
n RESULTS: Page 53
You may also want to watch:
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach