Owls share the spoils
Sprowston Athletic 1, Holt United 1HOLT manager Jason Hawkins kept to the same formation as the previous week's visit to Brandon with Robin Webdale coming into defence and Mark Linden-Ball partnering Kevin Moore up front.
Sprowston Athletic 1, Holt United 1
HOLT manager Jason Hawkins kept to the same formation as the previous week's visit to Brandon with Robin Webdale coming into defence and Mark Linden-Ball partnering Kevin Moore up front.
Holt pressed hard without making any clear-cut chances but were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty after 15 minutes when a home defender appeared to push the ball away with his hand.
Sprowston took the lead after half-an-hour. A shot was mishit and fell to Jason Armes six yards from goal who gave Justyn Goff no chance.
With the slope in their favour Holt pressed hard from the start of the second period and, from a Hawkins free-kick, Kevin Moore headed across the face of goal with Linden-Ball just unable to make contact.
On the hour mark Linden-Ball had to leave the field and was replaced by Toby Blowers. Another good header from Moore then almost set up Steven Thompson. With 20 minutes left Moore received the ball just outside Sprowston's penalty area and showed good footwork before driving home the equaliser.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 4 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 5 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 6 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 7 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 10 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
Blower's pace and acceleration was causing problems and Holt looked the most likely side to win, but honours were shared.
Justyn Goff looked sound in Holt's goal and Chris Hopper gave another hard working performance in midfield.
In Saturday's Norfolk Senior Cup fourth round, Holt entertain Hindringham (2.30pm.)