Owls hold high-flying Magpies
Dereham Town Reserves 0, Holt United 0THE Owls visited the high-flying Magpies with a team decimated by injuries, suspensions and unavailability. The only plus was the return of Jason Hawkins from injury.
Dereham Town Reserves 0, Holt United 0
THE Owls visited the high-flying Magpies with a team decimated by injuries, suspensions and unavailability. The only plus was the return of Jason Hawkins from injury.
Dereham had the wind in their favour during the first period and pressed Holt hard. Hawkins and reserve team manager Chris Cude, called into first team action, fought well in the centre of midfield and central defenders Gavin Neale and skipper James Medlar were outstanding at the back.
Justyn Goff, in goal for Holt, gave confidence to the entire team with an assured performance which was highlighted with a splendid penalty save midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
After the half-time break the wind dropped considerably, making Deeham's task somewhat easier. Holt pressed hard and created openings. Dan Peczkowski went close and Tom Graver, Philip Durham and Medlar all had shots that troubled the keeper but, press as they may, Holt could not find a way through.
Sean Coleman replaced Cude for the last 15 minutes to further add to Holt attacking play and looked at ease.
- 1 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 2 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 9 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
Holt must have felt that they were a shade unlucky not to travel home with the entire spoils after a very good team performance.