Owls hold high-flying Magpies
Dereham Town Reserves 0, Holt United 0THE Owls visited the high-flying Magpies with a team decimated by injuries, suspensions and unavailability. The only plus was the return of Jason Hawkins from injury.
Dereham Town Reserves 0, Holt United 0
THE Owls visited the high-flying Magpies with a team decimated by injuries, suspensions and unavailability. The only plus was the return of Jason Hawkins from injury.
Dereham had the wind in their favour during the first period and pressed Holt hard. Hawkins and reserve team manager Chris Cude, called into first team action, fought well in the centre of midfield and central defenders Gavin Neale and skipper James Medlar were outstanding at the back.
Justyn Goff, in goal for Holt, gave confidence to the entire team with an assured performance which was highlighted with a splendid penalty save midway through the half.
After the half-time break the wind dropped considerably, making Deeham's task somewhat easier. Holt pressed hard and created openings. Dan Peczkowski went close and Tom Graver, Philip Durham and Medlar all had shots that troubled the keeper but, press as they may, Holt could not find a way through.
Sean Coleman replaced Cude for the last 15 minutes to further add to Holt attacking play and looked at ease.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 10 'Covid didn't kill off our creativity' - Man, 73, releases Christmas song with puppets
Holt must have felt that they were a shade unlucky not to travel home with the entire spoils after a very good team performance.