On international stage
Stalham High School pupil Emily Grapes has just returned from representing Great Britain in a roller skating competition in Italy.The 12-year-old took part in the Pieris International Solo Dance competition in Trieste, competing against youngsters from all over Europe.
Stalham High School pupil Emily Grapes has just returned from representing Great Britain in a roller skating competition in Italy.
The 12-year-old took part in the Pieris International Solo Dance competition in Trieste, competing against youngsters from all over Europe. And although she came in the bottom half of her group, she was upbeat.
'It was a harder group as I had to move up because of my age this year. And at least I can tell people that I have represented Great Britain,' she said.
Emily started skating when she was small after trying it at the Dragon's Summer School held at Stalham High. She currently skates at the North Walsham Roller Skating Club under trainer Victoria Brown.
You may also want to watch:
And she is no stranger to success. Emily, from Ingham, took part in the event three years ago in Paris, coming fourth in her age group.
This year she performed three dances - The Tudor Waltz, the Federation Foxtrot, plus an original set pattern, the Samba.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Special report: Future of Holt Hall hangs in balance ahead of recommendation to close it
- 5 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 6 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 7 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 8 People released from car after crash closes road
- 9 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
Emily has also twice been the British Champion for Figure Roller Skating, most recently, last year.