On international stage
Stalham High School pupil Emily Grapes has just returned from representing Great Britain in a roller skating competition in Italy.The 12-year-old took part in the Pieris International Solo Dance competition in Trieste, competing against youngsters from all over Europe.
Stalham High School pupil Emily Grapes has just returned from representing Great Britain in a roller skating competition in Italy.
The 12-year-old took part in the Pieris International Solo Dance competition in Trieste, competing against youngsters from all over Europe. And although she came in the bottom half of her group, she was upbeat.
'It was a harder group as I had to move up because of my age this year. And at least I can tell people that I have represented Great Britain,' she said.
Emily started skating when she was small after trying it at the Dragon's Summer School held at Stalham High. She currently skates at the North Walsham Roller Skating Club under trainer Victoria Brown.
And she is no stranger to success. Emily, from Ingham, took part in the event three years ago in Paris, coming fourth in her age group.
This year she performed three dances - The Tudor Waltz, the Federation Foxtrot, plus an original set pattern, the Samba.
- 1 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 2 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 6 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Sheringham councillor memorialised at The Reef
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
Emily has also twice been the British Champion for Figure Roller Skating, most recently, last year.