On international stage
Stalham High School pupil Emily Grapes has just returned from representing Great Britain in a roller skating competition in Italy.The 12-year-old took part in the Pieris International Solo Dance competition in Trieste, competing against youngsters from all over Europe.
Stalham High School pupil Emily Grapes has just returned from representing Great Britain in a roller skating competition in Italy.
The 12-year-old took part in the Pieris International Solo Dance competition in Trieste, competing against youngsters from all over Europe. And although she came in the bottom half of her group, she was upbeat.
'It was a harder group as I had to move up because of my age this year. And at least I can tell people that I have represented Great Britain,' she said.
Emily started skating when she was small after trying it at the Dragon's Summer School held at Stalham High. She currently skates at the North Walsham Roller Skating Club under trainer Victoria Brown.
You may also want to watch:
And she is no stranger to success. Emily, from Ingham, took part in the event three years ago in Paris, coming fourth in her age group.
This year she performed three dances - The Tudor Waltz, the Federation Foxtrot, plus an original set pattern, the Samba.
- 1 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 2 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 3 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 4 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 5 'Fishermen should grow up' - Report sparks clash over crab fishery
- 6 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 9 Historian's shock over footprints on Edith Cavell tombstone
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
Emily has also twice been the British Champion for Figure Roller Skating, most recently, last year.