NWSCA and Gresham’s School A to meet in two finals
- Credit: PA
The second semi-final in the Star Paving Services North Norfolk League Knockout Doubles Cup saw NWSCB's Dennis Elliott and Richard Westgate and Richard Porritt battle NWSCA's Tom Baldock-Yaxley, Andy Beane and John Vaughan.
The two Richards combined well in the opener as they beat Baldock-Yaxley and Vaughan in five but NWSCA went on to win the tie 5-1, with the pairing of Elliott and Porritt going the distance in both of their two outings.
NWSCA will meet Gresham's School A in both Knockout Cup finals.
The same NWSCB trio were in action in their Handicap Singles Cup quarter-final against Aylsham Enterprise's Ben Briggs, Jonny Gale and Daniel Atkins. NWSCB won the opening two battles before Enterprise won the next three. Elliott (16) levelled at 3-3 with a 51-49 win against Gale before Atkins completed his maximum. Briggs (26) secured Enterprise's win with a 51-42 win against Elliott.
The final quarter-final saw Sharks' Steve Patterson (5) and Steve and Matt Hudson (both 22) host Poachers' David Foster (5), Chris Fuller (18) and Laura Marsh (27). Sharks led the tie 3-1 before Poachers levelled at 3-3.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Hudson beat Marsh on the golden point to move Sharks a win away, but Foster did likewise against Steve Hudson to force a deciding contest which saw Fuller beat Patterson 51-38 to secure Poachers' 5-4 win.
The two teams met again in the Premier Division with Andy Marsh taking the place of Laura. There were wins in five for Patterson and Steve Hudson against Fuller and Marsh respectively while Patterson beat Marsh in straight. Fuller beat Steve Hudson in five and a doubles win also in five concluded a 7-3 win for Poachers.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
Howard Lupton took the place of Vaughan as NWSCA hosted Gresham's School A's Haken Bennell, John Hancock and Colin Humphries, winning 9-1. Hancock beat Beane in four and went the distance in his other two singles. Meanwhile a third match for NWSCB saw them host Aylsham Hathor's Peter Ward, Ian Potter and Harley Dyson. A Westgate full house helped NWSCB to a 7-3 win with Ward beating Porritt in five.
In the First Division, Aylsham Enterprise's Andrew, Ray and Jonathan Gale beat NWSCE's Andrew Weston and James and Ben Lester 7-3.