North Walsham off to a good start, while Cromer get first points on board
- Credit: Archant
North Walsham Town have made a flying start to the new Almary Green Anglian Combination season by recording two emphatic away victories.
They kicked off their campaign with a 3-1 at neighbours Stalham.
The Angels were always in control in the Division One opener and were 3-0 up at the break thanks to a hat-trick from Liam Jackson. Substitute Nicky Wood pulled a goal back in the second half but the visitors comfortably saw out the game.
Then North Walsham travelled to Holt and came away with a 4-0 win. Jackson chipped in with two more goals while Grant Johnson and Anthony Davies were also on target.
Sheringham got their campaign up and running with a impressive derby win of their own against Holt. The Shannocks won 5-1 with Chris Fuller and Jamie Nelson scoring twice and Scott Sutherland-Gray also on target. Lee Clarke scored Holt's consolation goal, their first of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The win was a timely tonic for Sheringham whose thoughts were with midfielder Tom Little, who suffered a broken shin in the opening fixture at Wymondham Town, which was subsequently abandoned.
Aylsham were brought down to earth with a bump when they were beaten 5-0 at Hellesdon after winning their opening fixture 7-0 at Holt.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
The two north Norfolk sides met last Friday evening, with honours ending even as Aylsham came away from Sheringham with a 1-1 draw.
Sutherland-Gray scored first for the Shannocks, with James Oliver replying from the spot for the visitors.
Stalham bounced back from their derby defeat on Saturday when they hammered Foulsham 6-1. Lawrence Cheese was the star man, scoring four times, while Lewis Smith and Antoni Fawkes also hit the target.
Holt entertain Foulsham this Friday evening while Saturday's fixtures are Beccles v North Walsham, Loddon v Aylsham and Hempnall v Sheringham and Tuesday evening's games are Holt v Stalham and Sheringham v Hellesdon.
Sheringham's Under-18s gave Norwich City's FITC a great game before going down 3-2 = a fine achievement against some of Norfolk's hand picked talent.
n Cromer Town got their first points of the season on board in the Premier Division on Tuesday evening when they beat Dersingham Rovers 1-0 at Cabbell Park, with new signing Lewis Smith getting the goal. See next week's paper for a full report.