North Walsham must be clinical at home
- Credit: Archant
Having lost their unbeaten record at Letchworth last Saturday North Walsham Vikings return to Scottow to face Romford and Gidea Park, who, after four games lie just below half way in the table.
Their record shows that having drawn their first two games they then lost to Letchworth but last Saturday they gained a big win over struggling Ruislip.
This would seem to indicate that they are settling down and following their inconsistent performance last week the Vikings will have to be more focused for the full 80 minutes and more clinical in their finishing.
Yet again the supporters can expect Nick Greenhall to ring the changes as Tom Coller and James Knight, injured last week, and Henry Dewing, Tom Knight, Ryan Oakes and Tim Weber, all unavailable, return to the pool of players available for selection.
This should provide some head scratching and in some cases selection could be decided by the ability of players to make an impression at training.
Although some Tuesday sessions have been somewhat down on numbers Thursday has had better figures than for several months with in excess of 40 of all abilities taking part.
Those numbers at training mean that the Raiders can do the same drills as the Vikings and interchange with them when required and it has been obvious in the games played to date that they are taking those drills into game situations .
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 4 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 7 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 8 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 9 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 10 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable
Although they have a week free of league fixture this Saturday the Raiders are delighted to welcome Romford and Gidea Park 2nd XV to Scottow, and their selection could reflect the rotation of some players from last week's Vikings squad.
Their game will kick off at 2.30pm allowing the spectators to watch the first 3o minutes and the players to watch the final 30 of the Vikings game.