North Walsham Hockey Club ends fine season
MEMBERS of North Walsham Hockey Club on Saturday marked the end of the season with inter-club tournaments for juniors and adults, the general meeting and presentation evening.
MEMBERS of North Walsham Hockey Club on Saturday marked the end of the season with inter-club tournaments for juniors and adults, the general meeting and presentation evening. The club raised �130 for Macmillan Nurses during club day.
Both the men's first and second teams gained promotion, Men I to Division 3NE and Men II to Division 4NE and this season both teams proved the step up was well within their ability, finishing strongly mid-table. Younger players from the fourth team had opportunities in the higher teams and secured their places with some great performances.
The fourth team attracts younger members by providing a competitive opportunity for over-13's with a core of adults to guide and support. The third team worked on developing a regular core on which to build next season.
The Women II team narrowly missed out on promotion to Norfolk Division One. The first team enjoyed a second season in Division 2NE, finishing
mid-table. The Ladies' Development Team recruited new youngsters, replacing those moving into the ladies' teams, and had a solid season.
New members are always welcome, especially past hockey players who are tempted to pick up their sticks again. The club has opportunities
- 1 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 2 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 3 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 4 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 7 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 8 Scarlett-Rose gets the chop for children's charity
- 9 Christmas service returns to crematorium
- 10 Review: Cromer Pier Christmas Show at the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer
for all ages and abilities across seven teams. It is based on the artificial pitch at Cromer High School and pre-season training is planned to start in August.
For further information call Jo Todd, chairperson, on 01692 404440, email email@example.com
Or alternatively, click on website: www.northwalshamhockey.co.uk