North Walsham Hockey Club ends fine season
MEMBERS of North Walsham Hockey Club on Saturday marked the end of the season with inter-club tournaments for juniors and adults, the general meeting and presentation evening.
MEMBERS of North Walsham Hockey Club on Saturday marked the end of the season with inter-club tournaments for juniors and adults, the general meeting and presentation evening. The club raised �130 for Macmillan Nurses during club day.
Both the men's first and second teams gained promotion, Men I to Division 3NE and Men II to Division 4NE and this season both teams proved the step up was well within their ability, finishing strongly mid-table. Younger players from the fourth team had opportunities in the higher teams and secured their places with some great performances.
The fourth team attracts younger members by providing a competitive opportunity for over-13's with a core of adults to guide and support. The third team worked on developing a regular core on which to build next season.
The Women II team narrowly missed out on promotion to Norfolk Division One. The first team enjoyed a second season in Division 2NE, finishing
You may also want to watch:
mid-table. The Ladies' Development Team recruited new youngsters, replacing those moving into the ladies' teams, and had a solid season.
New members are always welcome, especially past hockey players who are tempted to pick up their sticks again. The club has opportunities
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
for all ages and abilities across seven teams. It is based on the artificial pitch at Cromer High School and pre-season training is planned to start in August.
For further information call Jo Todd, chairperson, on 01692 404440, email email@example.com
Or alternatively, click on website: www.northwalshamhockey.co.uk