North Walsham aiming to put below par home display behind them
- Credit: Archant
After their disappointing performance and result last week North Walsham will have to regroup quickly to get back on track.
The 17-14 home defeat at home to Old Priorians did not affect their position in London One North but it did mean that the gap between themselves and the teams above them grew to five points.
Coach James Brooks will no doubt have gone through the match video in detail and had a de-brief with the senior members of the squad in preparation for this weekend's trip to Eton Manor, a side who sit two places and three points behind the Vikings.
The East London side are normally hard to beat on their own patch and indeed in four visits the Vikings have only returned with the win on one occasion.
Manor's form this season has been patchy and they have been unable to string more than a couple of wins together. The past two weekends have seen them lose to Old Priorians and Colchester, both away so, they will be as determined as the Vikings to get back to winning ways.
As well as the struggle for league points and position there is another aspect to the meeting as two fromer North Walsham players, Rhys Davies-Horne, the son of the Walsham president Dave Horne and Matt Oakes, brother of the Walsham skipper Ryan, are both regular fixtures in the Manor side.
If there were nothing more than minor injuries last week changes to the Vikings squad should be minimal.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 4 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 5 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 6 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 7 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 8 Race on to save incredible medieval wall paintings in Norfolk
- 9 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 10 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
Ryan Oakes missed last week's game due to work commitments but hopefully will return and the back line could be unchanged. Kick-off will be at the earlier time of 2pm.
In Eastern Counties One North Walsham Raiders travel to Great Yarmouth-Broadland, who are bottom of the table having lost all 10 of their games so far.
Raiders were due to travel to Crusaders II for their next Norfolk Bowl action but their opponents have conceded.
After a weekend off Holt return to action in London Three Eastern Counties with a tough home match against Ely.
They will be aiming to bounce back after seeing a run of eight successive wins ended with a 45-19 reverse at leaders Southwold last time out. Saturday's opponents are also having a good season and go into the game just a point adrift of third placed Holt in the table.