North Runcton chase down Cromer total with just 10 balls to spare in Premier
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Cromer slipped to a narrow five-wicket defeat at North Runcton in the Premier Division of the Norfolk Alliance.
Cromer lost the toss and were put into bat as they made 220-7 from their 50 overs. The hosts were able to chase down the target for the loss of five wickets with just 10 balls to spare.
Cromer will be looking to get back to winning ways this weekend when they take on Downham Town at home.
Old Buckenham extended their lead at the top of division with victory at reigning champions Brooke.
Opener Matthew Bint led the way with 63 and James Heaney also contributed 52 as Old Bucks were put into bat by the hosts but it was an unbeaten sixth-wicket stand of 63 from Ben Shearing (45) and Glen Meredith (25) which steered the visitors to 270 for five in their 50 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Brooke were then bowled out for 239 as Old Bucks secured a 32-run victory, but it would have been worse for the hosts were it not for an eighth-wicket partnership of 161 from John Habershon (78) and Rob Setchell (71) to recover from 74 for seven.
The leaders now have a three-point lead at the top over Downham, who jumped above Brooke and Cromer into second place with a 169-run home victory over Fakenham.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 3 New summer car parks to open on coast
- 4 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 5 Sunday market cancelled over weather warning
- 6 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 'I love the out-of-season peacefulness' Q&A with Graham Jones
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
Downham skipper Patrick Yates top-scored with 93 in a total of 279 for six ahead of the visitors being dismissed for 110 inside 36 overs, Peter Cairns taking 3-20 and Dom Corbett 3-21 during the demolition.
There were plenty of runs to be enjoyed between two of the teams at the other end of the table, with Acle winning by 62 runs at Sprowston.
Tom Wilson scored an unbeaten 118 and Jaskaran Chema notched up 114 as the visitors decided to bat first and reached a huge 290 for three.
Sri Tenjarla's 104 helped Sprowston put up some fight, but the hosts were bowled out for 228, with Josh Larner taking four for 59 for Acle.
Diss remain in control at the top of Division One after bowling out visitors Bradfield for 82, Mark Williamson taking four for 12, and losing just one wicket in their successful chase.
Dereham remain second but 30 points behind after an 11-run victory at Thetford, being bowled out for 149 and then dismissing the hosts for 138 in a nervy finish.