North Norfolk Beach Runners brings home medals
- Credit: Archant
Sunday's Humpty Dumpty 10k at Felthorpe saw 20 North Norfolk Beach Runners on the start line for the County 10k Championships.
With numerous members of the Cromer club in great form this year it was no surprise that medals were won by nine of the entrants.
Chris Merrylees once again looked superb as he came home fourth overall to take a bronze medal in the senior men's category with a super-quick time of 34.01. Next across the line was the in-form Jamie Seamark whose 10th place in 36.01 was good enough for a silver medal.
Tony Witmond's golden year continued with a personal best time of 37.51, giving him the gold medal in the 45-49 age group, and with Hugh Brown and Carmine de Grandis coming in close behind the team of Seamark, Witmond, Brown and de Grandis picked up yet another first place for veteran teams and a county gold.
In between the flying veterans George Gay had a superb run to clock 38.07 for 27th place and just outside the 40-minute mark were Phil Hurr and John Gay with Darren Armstrong a little further back in 89th place. Jeremy Boreham came in with an excellent time of 47.01, just two seconds ahead of Derek Sadler who picked up a silver medal in the 60-64 age group.
You may also want to watch:
Jen Armstrong also went really well to comfortably break 50 minutes for 190th place and Sarah Mapes had a good race to clock 52.24.
Brenda Kinch continued her excellent form to take a county silver with an excellent time of 52.24 and bronze medals were also won by Fiona Morrison and Linda Melton in their respective age groups.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 8 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 9 Body of missing 93-year-old man found in village
- 10 Council leader and both her critically-ill parents fighting Covid
Other Beach Runners dealing well with a morning of heavy summer rain were super veterans Noel Spruce, Malcolm Ball and Mike Marshall, flying round the lanes despite a combined age of over 220.