No problems for Holt side
Holt 63, Vigo 22
RUGBY: Holt cruised into the fifth round of the Junior Vase after an emphatic win over their visitors from Kent.
The hosts found themselves 7-0 down early on but equalised on 20 minutes when Wright went over for a try and with Allen converting the scores were level at 7-7.
Vigo then converted a penalty before Holt took control, Graham Ilsley charging down an attempted clearance kick to set the ball rolling. Further tries came from Rumsby, set up by Ilsley, Bessent and Girling, with Allen converting them all to make it 35-10 at the break.
To their credit Vigo kept battling away in the second half and they quickly scored two tries, one of which was converted, to reduce the arrears to 35-22.
You may also want to watch:
The siege was finally broken when Jarry-Ryan latched on to a loose ball and used his speed to score a much needed try, which was converted by Mears.
This score gave Holt the necessary impetus to take the game into their opponents' half and further tries came from Daniel Ilsley, Jarry-Ryan and Rumsby, with Mears converting all three.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
Vigo brought a second team with them, with Holt II winning 52-7.
On Saturday, it's back to league action with an away game at West Norfolk and also to play for the Maule/Cubitt Trophy, which at the moment is held by them. The incentive is there to win both the trophy and to gain vital league points, in the quest to gain second place in the league.