No problems for Holt side
Holt 63, Vigo 22
RUGBY: Holt cruised into the fifth round of the Junior Vase after an emphatic win over their visitors from Kent.
The hosts found themselves 7-0 down early on but equalised on 20 minutes when Wright went over for a try and with Allen converting the scores were level at 7-7.
Vigo then converted a penalty before Holt took control, Graham Ilsley charging down an attempted clearance kick to set the ball rolling. Further tries came from Rumsby, set up by Ilsley, Bessent and Girling, with Allen converting them all to make it 35-10 at the break.
To their credit Vigo kept battling away in the second half and they quickly scored two tries, one of which was converted, to reduce the arrears to 35-22.
The siege was finally broken when Jarry-Ryan latched on to a loose ball and used his speed to score a much needed try, which was converted by Mears.
This score gave Holt the necessary impetus to take the game into their opponents' half and further tries came from Daniel Ilsley, Jarry-Ryan and Rumsby, with Mears converting all three.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled
Vigo brought a second team with them, with Holt II winning 52-7.
On Saturday, it's back to league action with an away game at West Norfolk and also to play for the Maule/Cubitt Trophy, which at the moment is held by them. The incentive is there to win both the trophy and to gain vital league points, in the quest to gain second place in the league.