No holding Cromer Town
FOOTBALL: Cromer are cruising to the Sterry Cup, the Anglian Combination championship trophy.
On Saturday they won 3-0 at home to Hempnall, and on Tuesday night they won 3-0 in their home derby with Sheringham.
Wroxham Reserves on Tuesday night entertained Mattishall in a top-five clash and lost 5-2.
At the weekend, Sheringham suffered a 5-1 defeat at second-placed St Johns but North Walsham 5-1 at Dersingham.
Holt, fourth in Division One, won 3-2 at Watton, Reepham won 2-1 at Bungay while Stalham visited Hindringham and won 2-1. Midweek Stalham won 1-0 at Bungay.
You may also want to watch:
Aylsham kept up their promotion push in Division Three with a 3-1 home win over Loddon Reserves while Cromer Reserves went down 4-1 at Wymondham Reserves. On Tuesday, Aylsham won 1-0 at home against Marlingford.
Sheringham Reserves, fifth in Division Four, won 4-1 against visitors Thorpe Rovers while Hoveton Wherrymen, one place above them, did not have a game. The north Norfolk duo are one point off second spot, the Wherrymen with games in hand.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 5 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
In Division Five, Reepham Reserves beat Attleborough Reserves 8-0, the Buxton v Brandon Reserves game was abandoned through an injury and bottom side Stalham Reserves lost 4-3 at Hindringham Reserves.
Division Six joint leaders Aylsham Reserves won 5-0 at home to CNSOBU. Holt Reserves, four points behind the top two, did not have a game.