New Zealander named as Cromer CC’s overseas player
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Cricket Club have announced their overseas player for the forthcoming Norfolk Alliance Premier Division campaign.
He is 22-year-old New Zealand all-rounder Devon Singh Parhar, who will be aiming to build on a promising season in England last year with Northamptonshire outfit Isham.
Playing outside his homeland for the first time, the seamer took 44 wickets at an average 23.98 and also proved he is more than useful with the bat, totalling 839 runs at an average of nearly 35.
Cromer, who finished last season strongly after flirting with relegation, will warm up for their Alliance campaign with three friendlies, at Horsford (April 8), Great Witchingham (April 15) and at home to Diss (April 22).
They play their first league match against North Runton the following Saturday, with their Carter Cup opener at East Anglian Premier League side Norwich the next day (April 30).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 5 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 8 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car