New Zealander named as Cromer CC’s overseas player
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Cricket Club have announced their overseas player for the forthcoming Norfolk Alliance Premier Division campaign.
He is 22-year-old New Zealand all-rounder Devon Singh Parhar, who will be aiming to build on a promising season in England last year with Northamptonshire outfit Isham.
Playing outside his homeland for the first time, the seamer took 44 wickets at an average 23.98 and also proved he is more than useful with the bat, totalling 839 runs at an average of nearly 35.
Cromer, who finished last season strongly after flirting with relegation, will warm up for their Alliance campaign with three friendlies, at Horsford (April 8), Great Witchingham (April 15) and at home to Diss (April 22).
They play their first league match against North Runton the following Saturday, with their Carter Cup opener at East Anglian Premier League side Norwich the next day (April 30).
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 All you need to know ahead of the Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks 2022
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 7 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained