New Zealander Brown is Walsham’s player of month
- Credit: Archant
Full back Josh Brown has been selected as North Walsham's Chalk Hill Brewery player-of-the-month for January.
'Over this last month Josh has really shown what he can do with ball in hand,' said the club's Head of Rugby James Brooks.
'As well as his strong attacking game he is also a solid defender and a great last line of defence for us.'
The 22-year-old hails from Whangarei in New Zealand where he played for local club Kamo Magpies. He joined the Vikings in October 2016 after a spell with Noosa Dolphins in Queensland, Australia and has already scored five tries in London One North, three of them in January, to help his side put together a decent run.
'I'm having a great time here,' said Josh,
You may also want to watch:
'Norfolk is a good place to live and everyone at the club - players, officials, supporters - has been so welcoming, whilst my game is improving with the coaching support I'm getting.'
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 5 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature