New man at Yachtsmen's helm
Wroxham have announced that David Batch will be their manager from the start of next season. The former Cambridge United player will take over the reins of the Ridgeons Premier side from Andy Baker, who is stepping down because of domestic commitments.
David Batch will be Wroxham manager from the start of next season. The former Cambridge United player will take over the reins of the Ridgeons Premier side from Andy Baker, who is stepping down.
Batch, who runs children's sports coaching company Premier Sport, said: "I haven't been involved in management since I left Cambridge City six years ago as I've been very busy building my business. This is something that suits me brilliantly."
Batch, 36, played for Wisbech and Norwich United after leaving Cambridge United, before taking over as Downham manager at the age of 21. He went back to The Abbey to manage the Us' youths and reserves before becoming manager of Cambridge City.
He admits the approach from Wroxham came "out of the blue".
You may also want to watch:
"The expectations will be high, but the players that are already there and the players we'll be adding want to finish top."
Wroxham lost 3-1 at Stanway on Saturday and won 1-0 at Norwich United on Tuesday.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 10 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why