New man at Yachtsmen's helm
Wroxham have announced that David Batch will be their manager from the start of next season. The former Cambridge United player will take over the reins of the Ridgeons Premier side from Andy Baker, who is stepping down because of domestic commitments.
David Batch will be Wroxham manager from the start of next season. The former Cambridge United player will take over the reins of the Ridgeons Premier side from Andy Baker, who is stepping down.
Batch, who runs children's sports coaching company Premier Sport, said: "I haven't been involved in management since I left Cambridge City six years ago as I've been very busy building my business. This is something that suits me brilliantly."
Batch, 36, played for Wisbech and Norwich United after leaving Cambridge United, before taking over as Downham manager at the age of 21. He went back to The Abbey to manage the Us' youths and reserves before becoming manager of Cambridge City.
He admits the approach from Wroxham came "out of the blue".
You may also want to watch:
"The expectations will be high, but the players that are already there and the players we'll be adding want to finish top."
Wroxham lost 3-1 at Stanway on Saturday and won 1-0 at Norwich United on Tuesday.
- 1 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 2 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 3 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 4 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 5 Another north Norfolk care home put into Special Measures
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Are these the best room views in the UK? Norfolk hotel scoops prize
- 10 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government