Narrow rugby win for Holt
Holt 17, Cantabrigians 15Holt used the elements to their advantage in the second half to hit back for a narrow rugby victiory.Cantabrigians made the early running, aided by the wind behind them, and it was no surprise when they scored an unconverted try after five minutes.
Holt 17, Cantabrigians 15
Holt used the elements to their advantage in the second half to hit back for a narrow rugby victiory.
Cantabrigians made the early running, aided by the wind behind them, and it was no surprise when they scored an unconverted try after five minutes. Holt were having a problem in coping with the elements and a lively side, who maintained the pressure and increased their lead after 25 minutes with a penalty.
Holt were confident for the second half with the wind behind them but they had an immediate setback after two minutes. A penalty attempt against them was wide and the ball was knocked on in goal and, before it could be recovered, a Cantabrigian player was on to it to score. With the conversion attempt successful Holt were now facing a 15-0 deficit.
This setback inspired Holt and after 15 minutes Robson finished off a passing move to score an unconverted try. Then Daniel Ilsley saved Holt's line with an excellent cover tackle and play went back up the field for Mears to score an unconverted try. Finally, Rumsby finished off another good move with 13 minutes left and with Graham Ilsley converting. His team were now ahead 17-15, a lead they kept.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks 2022
- 6 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 7 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party