Narrow rugby win for Holt
Holt 17, Cantabrigians 15Holt used the elements to their advantage in the second half to hit back for a narrow rugby victiory.Cantabrigians made the early running, aided by the wind behind them, and it was no surprise when they scored an unconverted try after five minutes.
Holt 17, Cantabrigians 15
Holt used the elements to their advantage in the second half to hit back for a narrow rugby victiory.
Cantabrigians made the early running, aided by the wind behind them, and it was no surprise when they scored an unconverted try after five minutes. Holt were having a problem in coping with the elements and a lively side, who maintained the pressure and increased their lead after 25 minutes with a penalty.
Holt were confident for the second half with the wind behind them but they had an immediate setback after two minutes. A penalty attempt against them was wide and the ball was knocked on in goal and, before it could be recovered, a Cantabrigian player was on to it to score. With the conversion attempt successful Holt were now facing a 15-0 deficit.
This setback inspired Holt and after 15 minutes Robson finished off a passing move to score an unconverted try. Then Daniel Ilsley saved Holt's line with an excellent cover tackle and play went back up the field for Mears to score an unconverted try. Finally, Rumsby finished off another good move with 13 minutes left and with Graham Ilsley converting. His team were now ahead 17-15, a lead they kept.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 10 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'