Narrow rugby win for Holt
Holt 17, Cantabrigians 15Holt used the elements to their advantage in the second half to hit back for a narrow rugby victiory.Cantabrigians made the early running, aided by the wind behind them, and it was no surprise when they scored an unconverted try after five minutes.
Holt 17, Cantabrigians 15
Holt used the elements to their advantage in the second half to hit back for a narrow rugby victiory.
Cantabrigians made the early running, aided by the wind behind them, and it was no surprise when they scored an unconverted try after five minutes. Holt were having a problem in coping with the elements and a lively side, who maintained the pressure and increased their lead after 25 minutes with a penalty.
Holt were confident for the second half with the wind behind them but they had an immediate setback after two minutes. A penalty attempt against them was wide and the ball was knocked on in goal and, before it could be recovered, a Cantabrigian player was on to it to score. With the conversion attempt successful Holt were now facing a 15-0 deficit.
You may also want to watch:
This setback inspired Holt and after 15 minutes Robson finished off a passing move to score an unconverted try. Then Daniel Ilsley saved Holt's line with an excellent cover tackle and play went back up the field for Mears to score an unconverted try. Finally, Rumsby finished off another good move with 13 minutes left and with Graham Ilsley converting. His team were now ahead 17-15, a lead they kept.
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 5 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car