Mundesley Golf Club organises week of events to promote game and attract new members
- Credit: Archant
A new fun festival of golf is being teed up at Mundesley Golf Club as part of its drive to attract new members — and provide fresh challenges and social events for its existing ones.
The club will stage its Golf Week from June 9 to 15 with a range of events from a family open day and lady beginners' taster session to a new 'open' competition.
The venture is part of the club's ongoing vision to attract members of all ages and abilities including juniors, ladies and retired people, which has already attracted 108 new golfers in 16 months.
Club chairman Donald Stuart said: "Golf is a great activity for a wide range of people — from young sporty types, to adults wanting a pleasant way to enjoy a social activity while savouring fresh air and lovely countryside.
"This initiative is a great way to drop in and get a taste of the sport, and our friendly, welcoming club. We would love to hear from any individuals or groups who would like to make a visit to our new golf week as part of their summer activities.
Mundesley Golf Club is proud to have a flexible course with a convenient layout enabling you to curtail your round easily for those with less time and energy — but remains a test for even the best golfers.
"We hope our new golf week will be a chance for people to come and find out for themselves and provide some new fun for our current members," he added.
- 1 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 2 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 3 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 4 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 5 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 8 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 9 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways
Events during the week are: Sunday, June 9 family open day from 2.30pm including putting and driving range activities. Monday, June 10 ladies beginners taster afternoon from 2pm. Tuesday, June 11 social 'speed' golf from 4pm. Wednesday, June 12 junior 'bring a friend to golf' afternoon from 4 to 6pm. Thursday, June 13 open stableford ladies and men 18-hole pairs competition (£15 entry including coffee and bacon roll on arrival). Friday, June 14 social knockout from 4.30pm with final at 8.30pm, barbecue and music. Saturday, June 15 junior day Girls Golf Rocks 10am to noon, and afternoon six-hole fun challenge versus adult sections.
More details on the club website mundesleygolfclub.com, Facebook and Twitter or call 01263 720095.