Mundesley Golf Club’s recruitment drive brings in 70 new members
- Credit: Archant
A recruitment drive at a Norfolk golf club is literally paying off for members.
The first year of a three-year vision at Mundesley Golf Club has generated an extra 70 members.
And it means all members will enjoy a reduction in subscription fees, along with extra bonuses of a free lesson with pro Ryan Pudney, and a £10 voucher for balls on the driving range next door to the course.
The initiatives at the club also include tee sponsorships from local businesses including holiday parks and hotels, whose guests will benefit from green fee offers.
Andrew Keates, chairman of the business and finance committee behind the drive said: 'This shows we are a club moving forward, and how we are keen to be accessible to a range of existing and potential golfers.
You may also want to watch:
'Our nine-hole course is particularly attractive to older people wanting to keep fit and make friends, as well as youngsters, and those people who don't always have time for a full 18 holes of golf.'
The £20 reduction in standard subscriptions, coupled with the added incentives, was a package worth around £75 to members.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 4 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?
The vision at the 117-year-old club aims to promote stability in a competitive and changing golf scene. It also includes a shorter academy course for beginners, juniors and seniors; deals for new and weekday members; encouraging more corporate and society visits; extra ride-on buggies and developing the driving range.
'There is a lot more to do, but we have made an excellent start on our three year vision, to make us a welcoming, affordable club appealing to a variety of golfers,' he added.
The success was reported to the annual meeting by chairman Donald Stuart. The results of a member survey were also shared at the meeting, with many positive comments including praise for the professional, the condition of the course and the friendly bar and catering services.
Other plans for 2019 include a golf fashion show at the Manor Hotel and a spring open day featuring stalls and lessons to further showcase the course.
For more information visit www.mundesleygolfclub.com or call 01263 720095.