Mixed results for Cromer Baseliners
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Baseliners drew 4-4 at Aylsham Trojans in the North Norfolk League.
Lucio Cardani and Jeff Cramp of Cromer drew against Andy Gillies and John Woodeson in the men's doubles 3-6, 7-5.
In the ladies' doubles Shelagh McKenzie and Anne Armitage drew against Angela Robinson and Sue Appleby 3-6, 6-3.
In the mixed doubles, Geoff and Anne won 6-0, 6-3 and Shelagh and Lucio lost 4-6, 3-6.
Baseliners were in action again at Cromer against the Cromer Net Cords and after a brave fight were beaten 8-0.
Netcords travelled to Aylsham to play the Trojans and lost 6-2 (45-28). Kelvin Van Hasselt and Gary Spruce drew against Andy Gillies and John Woodeson 5-7, 6-4 while Pat O'Connell and Tessa Turner lost against Anne Gillies and Angela Robinson 6-1, 6-3.
In the mixed Tessa and Kelvin drew against Anne and Andy 6-3, 0-6 and Pat and Gary lost 5-7, 0-6 against Angela and John.
- 1 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 2 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 3 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 4 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 5 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 8 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 9 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 10 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
Cromer D Ladies played Cringleford at home and despite the sterling efforts of Nikki Baker, Jean Spruce, Caroline Freeth and Maggie Tranter went down narrowly by 34 games to 30.
The team then played Acle on the grass at Cromer.
Team captain Baker with partner Sian Stoppani took their first match 12-4 against the mother and daughter pairing of Helen and Hannah Mann while Roma Lawrence and Zhouxi Bale matched their score 12-4.
In the second round of matches, Sian and Nikki won against Julie Hubbard and Beverly Dye 14-2 but Zhouxi and Roma lost against Helen and Hannah 6-10 as Cromer won 44-20 overall.
Cromer Ladies A hosted East Anglia A and the team of Heather Bottomley, Jenny Coady, Val Woodhouse and Sally Farnham put up good resistance before losing 34 games to 30.
Cromer Ladies C had a convincing 39-25 win against Stanmore, with Belinda Cammell and Alison Wilson and Chrissie Erickson and playing some steady tennis.
Andy Margarson and Ross Murray had a busy morning organising a Road to Wimbledon boys 14&U event which was won by Finn Lowe who beat Oliver Holden in an exciting final.
The club's mini-green team of Jake Ellis, Same Bateman, Megan Robinson and Margot Banks finished a respectable third in their event at Easton College Tennis Centre.