Merrylees leads home Beach Runners
RUNNING: Seventeen members of the North Norfolk Beach Runners took part in the re-arranged Norwich Half Marathon.
First home was Chris Merrylees in 1-18:18 coming 15th in the male category, closely followed in 25th and 26th places by Andy Kett in 1-22:26 and Jamie Seamark in 1-23:57.
Jim Hayes, on the last day of being in the 60-64 age group, came second in 1-33:21 and is now looking forward to the challenge of the 65+ age group.
Dave Spooner and Lucy Collyer, as part of their training for the Virgin London Marathon, ran a good 1-36:24 and 1-40:51 respectively with Lucy coming 6th in the F40-45 category.
Simon Page in 1-47:50 was three minutes ahead of Tony Heath, who was eight in the male 60 category in 1-50:52.
Rob and Andi Osborne were just over the two-hour mark but were separated by Alec Fraser who was eighth in the M65+ category in 2-04:53.
Jon Folkard, Emma Culley, Andrew Toogood and Anna Latta all had good runs. Margaret Ison just got under the three hours with 2-59:03 and picked up the 3rd prize in the F65+ category.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 4 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 5 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 6 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 7 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 10 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
Maurice Copeland completed the Beach Runners' entries in 3-00:36.